Chapter 2

Shizaru was searching through the CCG files for any info on Sasaki's past. While he knew he might get fired if he was found out he was just so curious. It was interesting enough that Sasaki's past was shrouded in mystery but the fact that even Sasaki himself didn't know his past made it much more intriguing. He had thought about asking Arima but quickly dissimissed the idea realizing that Arima would never tell him. 'Why am I even doing this' thought Shizaru 'there probably aren't any records of him in here anyway much less suspicious ones'. Truth to be told he had been looking through the archives for days. Shizaru had always wondered about Sasaki's past but the incident with Saiko made home wonder 'what really happened to mess him up so bad'. Shizaru sighed and opened up the next file.

After three more hours of strenuous searching Shizaru finally made it to the E-D file. As he got to the end of the E section he noticed something. There was a file on a ghoul named "eyepatch" but the ghoul's name was not listed. Shizaru was puzzled. Every single file that he had gone through earlier either had a no-name or the ghoul's name. This file only said eyepatch there was no name or any clue to the name. Even weirder the ghoul had been marked as erased, which was not a status he had seen on any of the other ghouls. 'That's odd. It's like they're trying to hide something' thought Shizaru. Sighing to himself he examined to boy in the picture. The boy had a shy look on his face and seemed to be wearing a barista uniform. He had jet black hair and slate gray eyes. 'His eyes look like Sasaki's' noted Shizaru as he continued reading. He also had an eyepatch over his left eye and was holding a cup of coffee. As Shizaru started reading he noticed something he had never seen before. Many of the words in the paragraph had been blacked out and completely unreadable. Out of the words he could read Shizaru got that he was a rinraku type ghoul and used to go to Kamii university. He worked at a coffee shop named Antikeu but went missing right before the Aogiri raid and appeared breifly during the Antikeu raid. The only other sighting was by Amon Kotaru. 'Never heard his name before' mused Shizaru in the CCG it wasn't uncommon to not hear of a certain investagator. As he read his eyes widened "The ghoul let me hit him until he almost died. He then unzipped the zipper over his mouth on the mask and bit me. He then slowly let out his kagune and proceeded to fight with me. I lost" Shizaru said to himself. He cringed thinking that this was how he died. He read on expecting to hear that Amon had died instead his eyes widened at what he saw "He broke my quinqe and threw it across the pavement. I prepared to fight but he told me to run. He looked like he didn't have control of himself and was shaking. He told me to run claiming that if the fight continued that I would be killed. I was about to say that that was ridiculous but I looked up at his face and saw that he was crying. The ghoul said six words that still haunt my memory today. He said please, don't make me a killer"~ Amon Kotaru. "Wow" said Shizaru aloud "A ghoul spared his life" this changed his perspective on ghoul's a little bit but he still knew a number of them were evil and needed to be killed. He tried to read the words that were blacked out but it was impossible to read them except for a few at the end "for more information see Mukade"