Chapter 4

Arima was waiting impatiently for Sasaki's ears to recover so that he could ask Sasaki why he reacted that way to just a simple bug. At first Arima said he was going to do it for the good of the CCG but soon Arima realized why he wanted to know. Yes the CCG's reaper was curious. Kaneki Ken and Sasaki Haise were a mystery to him. From what he knew Kaneki Ken or the SS class ghoul Mukade was ruthless and showed no mercy to anyone taking pleasure in one's suffering but Sasaki Haise, who was supposedly the same person, was kind. He was not only kind he was gentle and paitent. He loved books and would always use his free time to get and read books. He had a love for making puns and was easy to see as a parent yet he was just an insane killer who had his memories wiped....right? He knew that couldn't be true. There must have been something that changed him for the worse because someone who is kind and gentle doesn't just all of a sudden become a merciless killer who enjoys slaughter. Arima sighed and went to the archives to sort out some information on serpent.

As Arima opened the door with a click he heard a person run out. Arima was confused for a second but realized that it was most likely one of the Quinx searching for information on Sasaki. 'Oh well' thought Arima 'I'll ask them later' as he started to pull out the S-T files the I-J files fell out and spilled all over the floor. "Great" said Arima. He was annoyed because his curiosity was bugging him but he coul do nothing about it. Sighing he set the S-T files on the table nearby and began cleaning the files up not caring if they were in alphabetical order or not. After he was half-way through the files he noticed one that caught his eye. "Jason" muttered Arima. He had heard of the ghoul but never done a full exnamation of the ghoul. Realizing it might help sate his curiosity he opened the file and started reading.

From what these papers said he was first spotted back when he was only and A class ghoul and was sent to cochlea to be "rehabilitated". He was promoted to S rank after escaping and killing his own tourturer and SS when he single ha deeply slaughtered a bunch of ghoul's and took over the 13th ward. He had a love for torture and would ask the same question His torturer would ask to keep his subjects sane. " what's a thousand minus seven" said Arima aloud. He felt like something with this story was connected to Sasaki but he couldn't put his finger on it. Sighing he put away the rest of the files and continued working on the serpent case.

Arima kept glancing at the clock. He was anxious to know if Sasaki had learned anything from the incident and thought about scolding Sasaki for being late but the realized that he had gotten there 40 minutes early. Groaning at his own stupidity Arima decided to write down what he knew about Kaneki Ken and Sasaki Haise and started sorting out the similarities and the differences.

Sasaki walked into the room to see Arima furiously scribbling onto a notepad and he seemed to have a deep look of concertration on has face. Since Arima obviously wasn't going to notice him he sat himself down and said something that could get him fired but he couldn't resist.

Arima's thoughts were broken with a person yelling "NOTICE ME SENPAI". A frazzled Arima quickly looked up ready to fight the intruder but he saw Sasaki's giggiling face instead. He quickly put two and two together and flushed from embarssement. How could have he forgotten about what he had been waiting for for the past four days and why did Sasaki have to yell something so embarrassing to get him to notice him. He quickly got his composure back and started the interragtion. "Sasaki do you know by you reacted so strongly to the...prank a few days ago?" Asksed Arima. "I don't know why" said Sasaki in a quiet voice "I don't know why and it scares me. I don't want to hurt or scare anybody and I'm afraid it might happen again." This answer puzzled Arima but he didn't let it show. It was perfectly natural to be afraid... But to not know. Arima shook his head ' he obviously doesn't have any memories of that but he may of other things. "Did you gain any new memories asked Arima. "No " started Sasaki "I don't even remember the incident very well" " okay said Arima " you are disimissed". After Sasaki left he slunk down in his chair. He wanted information that he knew he might never get.