Chapter 11

The first thing that Arima noticed was that the quinx seemed angry, tired and depressed at the same time. While Arima was no expert at reading emotions or facial expressions he knew something serious must have happened for the quinx to be so upset. “What’s wrong?” Asked Arima. The quinx looked shocked at the question but then quickly became angered. “You freaking knew didn’t you!?” Said Shizaru with a loud but wavering voice. “You knew but you kept it a secret. Does Sasaki even know!?” Shizaru was about to cry but Arima didn’t care. He felt his blood run cold at the last statement. ‘Did they figure out that his memories were wiped?’ Thought Arima ‘ Oh sh*t what if they figured out that I “Killed” him.’ Realizing that there was no way that they could have figured that out he calmed himself down and said “I don’t understand what you’re saying, what’s wrong?” The quinx calmed down a bit but Saiko said something that finally made him understand what they were trying to say. “I want to hate you so much for keeping secrets from us yet………You saved him didn’t you?” Said Saiko as tears rolled down her face “They say ignorance is bliss and if he doesn’t know it cant haunt him can it?” Arima understood what she was trying to say. “So you found out didn’t you.” Said Arima in a sorrowful tone. He was going to tell them eventually but it still made him sad to think about it. Seeing the quinx wanted an answer he said “Come with me.

When Sasaki woke up he first noticed the sharp pain in the back of his head and eyes. Putting his hand to the back of his head in an attempt to alleviate the pain he started to observe his surroundings. “Why am I in the hospital?” thought Sasaki. He didn’t remember what had happened but for some reason there were multiple memories floating in his mind. “I-it hurts” Haise clutched in his mind. “I-it hurts” Haise clutched his head in pain. “K-Kill me PLEASE!” Haise had no idea what was going on. 'Are these my memories?" Thought Haise. While he didn't know what these memories meant he knew that he had some kind of connection to them. It was that he remembered what they were and how he got them he just knew they sounded too familiar to be a dream or random thoughts. "ITS GOING GOING THROUGH MY BRAIN IT HURTS IT HURTS OH THE PAIN!" Haise winced in pain as he heard loud yelling in his mind. After the pain faded he attempted to get up but as soon as he left his position on the floor he blacked out and was dragged into the darkness of his mind.

When he opened his eyes he expected to see the white hospital walls and nurses and doctors running outside of his room but instead all he saw was a checkered room with blood on the floors. Feeling a little sick he said aloud "W-what is this?" Covering his mouth to prevent himself from throwing up he walked further into the room. After walking for around 3 minutes he was met with a singular chair next to a full bucket of fingers. Looking closer he noticed the chair had a bunch of chains hanging off the back and another bunch near the feet. As he continued observing a figure seemed to materialize and appear before him. "Haise you really don't remember?" Said an unknown voice. He noted that the voice sounded similar to his but had a more cold and distorted tone. Haise not knowing what to say said "who.........who are you?" He was expecting the voice to go into a rage or leave him in silence but the voice laughed. It wasn't a warm laugh full of happiness but it wasn't an insane laugh either it was more of a cold empty laugh of a man who had lost everything. "You know who I am Haise you just don't want to admit it." The voice paused for a few moments to let the information sink in " I am the darkness inside you the one who takes control when you lose it the one who wants his body back, but please call me Shiro." Haise was astounded. 'I will finally have a chance to ask him some questions and see what really happened to me' thought Haise. "Why do you want my body anyway?" Asked Haise in a curious tone. He assumed that the answer would be that he wanted to take over the world or kill the CCG but he wasn't expecting the answer he got.

"There's people that I left behind friends taut I have to protect and Hide.........." The voice trailed off after changing into a sad tone. Haise had no idea who or what Hide was but assuming by Shiro's tone he was important to him. “Who is Hide?” Asked Haise. He knew that saying that was a risky move and the ghoul could attack him but he had to know. When he heard that name three things happened to him. First he felt happiness, not the kind of short-term happiness you get from trying something but a feeling of a bright blinding ball of fluffy happiness. At the same time he felt an unbearable sadness. He felt guilty for some unknown reason and it was tearing him apart. The last thing that he felt was loneliness. When he heard that name he felt alone like nobody knew him or that there was a black hole consuming him from the inside out. He knew that this name was an important part of his past and he was determined to find out.