Chapter 5

Urie would never admit it but he was scared. He wasn't scared because he might not get a promotion he was scared because of Sasaki's incident earlier. He didn't want to see someone react so badly to a simple thing that everybody else's could see with out freaking out easily and it scared him. To try and claw off your ears and to harm yourself just by seeing something was unthinkable to him but just last night he had witnessed someone, his superior, harm himself for almost no reason. He sighed 'I need to listen to some music to get this off my mind' thought Urie. Picking up his headphones and his IPod he started up his playlist. Surfing through his songs he looked for one he wanted to play. When he couldn't find a song that he wanted to play he tapped the recommended button he scrolled through the songs his eyes stopping on a song he had never seen before "Doughnut hole by Gumi" said Urie aloud. He sighed knowing he had nothing better to listen to and clicked on the song.

The song had an odd opening of drums and what sounded like a distorted persons voice was surprisingly catchy and Urie was now starting to look foward to the song. After around twenty seconds the lyrics started up

"Itsu kara konna ni ooki na"
(When this I get these memories)
Omoidasenai kioku ga atta ka
(These big ones I can't remember)

Urie quickly shut off the music. The lyrics sounded too much like Sasaki's situation. His heart racing he set his iPod down and decided to go to the training room to train for a promotion. 'Yeah' thought Urie 'a promotion is all that matters......right?'. He hadn't seen Mutsuki at all since the incident. The poor boy was most likely holed up in his room. Urie wished that Sasaki would be here to train them, to talk to them, to comfort them but he was in a hospital waiting for his ears to heal, another reminder of the incident. Urie also wanted information. People don't just break down for no reason over a small thing. Although he was insanely curious he knew that Sasaki probably didn't even know the answer and Urie didn't want to trigger another incident like that one. Knowing that thinking about these things would get him nowhere he decided to try to sleep.