6

Alexis' POV

The words came out of my mouth before I could stop and process what was going on. I regret it, but part of me actually thinks that what I said was the truth. Marshall didn't even try to deny what I said, cause he knows that what I said is 100% true.

"Um, why don't we just order?" Kim asks trying to break the awkward silence.

We nod our heads and the waitress soon comes over to take our order.

*time skip*

When we finish eating, Kim goes to her house and we go back to Marshall's. The car ride was very awkward and silent.

We pull up to Marshall's house and I quickly rush to my room.

I just lay in my bed listening to Halsey's music, until my door opens.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I came to talk."

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong Whitney."

"Yes I did. If I would've just introduced Jacob to our family in the first place, you and dad wouldn't be fighting right now. And yes I said 'our family' because you're now apart of this crazy family, whether you like it or not."

I give her a hug, "Thanks Whitney. But I don't blame you for what happened. You've been the nicest to me, since I first got here. You're like a sister to me. Oh, and I'm sorry for calling your boyfriend a pedophile."

"I feel the same way. You're like another sister to me. And it's okay, I know you didn't mean it."

We hug once again and then the door opens again.

"Whitney, can you give Alexis and I some privacy?"

"Sure, dad."

'Good luck,' she mouths to me.

I nod.

"Look Alexis, first of all I want to say how glad I am that you allowed me to adopt you. It's true that I have known Whitney way longer but, it doesn't mean that I love her more than you. I have known you for only few months, but I already love you just like the rest of my daughters. You're now a daughter to me."

"Thanks...dad."

He hugs me tight, maybe a little too tight.

We finally let go of the hug, he kisses the top of my head and leaves my room.

For an hour I do some of my schoolwork and then I go watch a movie with Whitney and dad. Wow, didn't think I would have a dad ever again.  But, here I am, with the best family I could ever imagine.

Nothing can ruin my relationship with my new family.