16

[ Mark | Donghyuck | Kun | Chenle | Jeno | Lucas | Jungwoo | Jaemin | Jisung | Renjun | Hendery | Xiao Jun | Yangyang  ]

"Nana, apologize!" Lucas yells, scolding his younger brother for hitting one of his friends. He raised him to never ever use his fists and what does he do? The exact opposite. "Now!"

Jaemin had his head low with tears in his eyes. Sure, he knew it was wrong because there was always a better way to handle this situation, but he felt so empty inside. It's not his fault, Chenle started it! "No, I hate you!"

As he watches his younger brother storm off into the little treehouse, all the kids gathered around wondering what's wrong.

Chenle was a big crybaby. For sure, it'll take a while for Kun to calm him down. He's also a screamer too. Then there was Jisung who was tugging onto Jungwoo's apron with a big frown on his face.

"Woo-woo, I wish to be stronger!" Jisung tilts his head up, pouting. "So I can protect Lele from the big bad kids."

Aw, what a cute kiddo. Jungwoo places his hand onto Jisung's shoulder and sends him a wink. "You know, you don't have to be strong in order to protect your friend."

Jisung's eyes lit up as he jumps up and down. "R—really?"

"Yes, really." Jungwoo grins, pointing to Chenle who was crying. "How about you give your friend a big hug? They say hugs are the best remedy when it comes to tears."

Sprinting as fast as he could, Jisung nodded as he jumped onto Chenle. It turns out, he earned himself a couple of slaps, but it was well worth it. He knew Chenle wasn't the type to accept affection openly, but if it was from his best friend, then maybe those tears would disappear.

"I wish all kids were like Jisung." Lucas sighs, walking towards Jungwoo with furrowed eyebrows. He just doesn't understand what's gotten into Jaemin these past couples of weeks. "My little brother said he hated me."

Jungwoo sucks the inside of his cheek as he glances towards the treehouse. He remembers when he was younger and had problems of his own, he wanted to escape and pretend everything was okay. Maybe the same thing was happening to Jaemin. "Lucas, give him time. He doesn't hate you."

"I don't know, I was pretty rough on him." Lucas continues, explaining how much he cares about Jaemin and that he doesn't want to ruin their relationship. "We don't have anyone else to depend on, only ourselves."

"Wrong! You got us." Donghyuck frowns kicking Lucas in the shin as he crosses his little arms. "You can depend on me, I'm a big boy!"

Mark rolls his eyes as he pretends to acknowledge how much of a big boy Donghyuck was. He awkwardly raises his hand too, supporting his idiot friend.

It didn't occur to him that Lucas wasn't alone now. Sure, it would have been different before but he has the kids on his side and most importantly someone who always brings out the best in him. "You do know we've been casually flirting for quite a while now, when can we go on a date?"

Jungwoo gives Lucas a look and smiles. He was kind of cute, but that date has to wait. Until he was legal enough, he's going to have to be a patient boy. After all, good things come to those who wait. "I don't know, how confident are you to say that?"

Out of nowhere, Xiao Jun comes jumping towards Jungwoo and starts hollering the letters K.I.S.S—

"H—hey! Hendery you boob!" Xiao Jun frowns, feeling his ear's being tugged. "I wanted to see them smoochy woochy."

Hendery gives out one yawn before wrapping his tiny arms around Xiao Jun. He needs a nap. It seems like the two boys fell asleep on top of one another. In the middle of everything, Renjun can be seen with joining into the nap as he rests his head on Hendery's shoulder beside the tree.

-
A/N:
Its time for Jeno to return!
❤️❤️🤠