Part XXV (25) *POV Bonus*

The days move swimmingly along through November. And with it came Jack Frost with his cane of freezing magic. This far into the city, a balmy, windless 50 degrees feels like walking through the Arctic. Now I know what you're thinking, 50 being balmy? Believe me, after single-digit temperatures that are followed by double-digit negatives, 50 can feel like the first warm day of spring. Today was not one of those days. My fingers cramped around the pencil. From the combination of cold and furious scribbles, each line became a challenge to execute. One thing was sure, I was grateful for my new sweaters.

"Pretty cold out here, Shorts. What are you doing?" His voice hit the nape of my neck, a piece of my hair blowing into my view.

My delayed reaction—after the initial jump—was to slam the book and shift forward. Sandwiching it against my forearms and thighs.

"N-nothing." I aimed for nonchalance; I definitely failed. This has been my secret. Even practically glued to his side and under one roof, this has been one of the very few secrets he hasn't siphoned out of me. I had a nagging feeling that was about to change.

"That wasn't nothing. You're an artist." I twisted in my seat at his words, my face pressing into disbelief and denial. Absurd. He was being absurd. Me, an artist. Ha! "Come on, let us have a look." Sebastian held his hand out, fingers waving impatiently. I glanced at it and forced a polite laugh. Because this was the game of defense. He could have the O's if I got to keep my X's.

"Ah no, I don't think so." I shook my head and stopped when I saw his bottom lip jutting out. Sebastian pouting has officially been added to my favorites list. Julie Andrews, you still around? I was still mesmerized when he did the unthinkable. Several weeks into our game of house, you'd think I'd get used to the lack of personal space and his sneak attacks.

"Don't be shy, just a little peek." He tapped his index finger on my nose and grinned at me. Cheese and crackers I just got booped on the nose by Sexy Strawberry Fields. Who was also trying to blindside me with his bright smile. The small dimple on his right cheek making its glorious debut. He knew what he was doing, he wielded that gem like a damn flamethrower...

Nevertheless, I only caught on that this was a distraction tactic when he moved swiftly around me and my hand felt oddly empty. I looked down perplexed and noticed a very important 6x8 sketchbook was missing. My head whipped around to face him as he started to lift the cover.

"Hey, not fair!" I tackled him. Well, as much as one can tackle a brick wall. He laughed, the sound nowhere close to grating even if it was at my expense, and held the notebook out of my reach while I swiped at it. It was embarrassing, here I was jumping up and down, circling him as he twisted away and there was still about a two feet difference between my hand and the book. My breaths puffing out in little clouds from the cold. Although, with all of this exercise I was practically sweating.

"This. Is. Extremely. Rude. You're being rude." I huffed during my unintentional workout. I was getting soft in my new cushy digs.

"Wouldn't have to take to drastic measures if you'd stop being unreasonable." He chuckled. He didn't even sound winded. And why would he? All Sebastian had to do was lift his arm up and the fight was over.

"Please give it back," I whined. Sebastian bent his face closer to mine, tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

"What are you hiding from me, Little Lia?" His voice was all of the velvety things and my lady bits decided they were on board with whatever he was selling. Traitors. My mind couldn't get past the amazing way his lips moved around "Little Lia". I stuttered, blanking out completely. It's the nicknames that are the real weapon here. His pet names spoke to my carnal need to strip us both of clothing. And given our track record, that wasn't so far out of the realm of possibility.