Chapter 2

The car ride to Shigure's house was eerily quiet as they turned the corner out of the estate and into the unknown street.

Sitting next to Aria was the god himself, Akito. She had tried to make him stay home but unfortunately that hadn't worked out so well. In fact, he planned to cancel the whole thing if he couldn't join so unfortunately he forced his way in.

There were also a couple maids sitting across from them but no one made any more to speak. They were certainly not that brave.

Akito placed his hand on the thigh of her left leg and spoke. "Do you know why I'm allowing this, my little songbird?"

Songbird was the nickname he had picked up for her over the years and soon enough that was the only way he would address her. He rarely ever called her by name anymore.

Aria lifted her head to face him and didn't make any gesture in response.

He was pleased with her compliance and raised his hand from her tigh, beginning to toying with a few strains of her hair carefully. . "It's because I want you to erase those thoughts in your head, The ones that say you can be like everyone else, living a normal life. Soon, you will find out that there is nothing for you out there. Because you will finally realize what you really are, a monster."

Aria's eyes widened just slightly but quickly lowered them with her head. These were always the norm of conversation for them. He was trying to intimidate her again.

Suddenly, the driver in front of them called out. "We have arrived."

The god grumbled a bit at the news but soon it slowly melted away into a devious look.

He inched himself closer to her under they were only a couple centimeters away from each other and he smiled. It was a empty, joyless smile but still a smile.

Then, he turned his head she could feel the hot breath on her ear. That's when he began to whisper. "Promise me you will be a good little bird while you're away. Let's not have another one of those incidents again, okay?"

Aria's breathing picked up a little bit at his comment but masked it with a slow nod, complying to his words.

Akito smiled again, the same joyless disposition on his face when he moved his head down once more, quickly moving the fabric away from her shoulder.

He pressed his lips into her bare skin which made her gasp at the contact and he kissed her shoulder strongly.

When he pulled away a small pink and purple spot was left in its place, a mark of property.

Akito touched the mark carefully, looking at his work and spoke. "And don't forget my little songbird, you are mine."

That's when the driver opened the passenger side door, a signal for them to get out.

Aria quickly fixed the fabric of her kimono before slowly stepping out the the car, Akito's eyes never far from her vision.

When the door shut, the somehow could still see them behind that thick sheet of glass. He was watching her, she just knew it.

Looking at the house in front of her, she began to take a small breath of courage before moving forward, all while trying to erase the words Akito has just told her.

--------------------------

Shigure called up to Kyo and Yuki who were in their own rooms, telling them to come down quickly. Apparently he had something important to tell them.

The two boys moved down the stairs in annoyance, Kyo especially. "What the hell is so important that you had to tell us to come down here for?"

Tohru hung up her apron and moved to sit by the table with the rest. "Yes Shigure, is everything okay?"