S2 Chapter 3

Aria was sitting down at her usual spot when Yuki entered from the doorway, a large bag in his hand. "Aria, could I get a hand with this?"

Standing up quickly, she grabbed the other end, feeling the weight rest on her shoulders. "Sure. But can't you buy a small bag of fertilizer next time? You are gonna break my back one of these days."

Yuki shook his head in slight annoyance and answered. "If I did that then I would have to make double the trips. Come on."

She supposed he was right but didn't like it one bit. These bags sure were a work out.

Kyo watched from the corner, leaning against the poll. "Could you two keep it down? I'm trying to get some peace and quiet here."

Aria just smiled slightly at this and turned her back away so he couldn't see the expression on her face. "Okay Mr. Grumpy. We're going."

The air between Yuki and Aria was becoming less and less awkward by the day. After she revealed herself to him, the rat found it way easier to talk to her normally. The truth was, he didn't want to hate her,not after everything.

So much so, maybe the air was a little too good. Kyo eyed their interactions and felt a tiny bubble of defeat in his stomach. She didn't want him to get too close and yet it seemed she was already closer to that rat. He didn't like it.

Moving to the garden, Aria threw the bag down and sighed. "That better be it for a month Yuki. I don't want to be your pack mule anymore."

He opened the pack and began spreading the fertilizer carefully. "You say that, yet every time you are fully willing to help."

She stopped for a moment before crossing her arms. "Don't take advance of my kindness then. It's a very underhanded tatiac."

Putting his hands up in front of him, he smirked. "Oh I would never."

To which, Aria playfully slapped his arm. "Yeah, okay sure you wouldn't. We should be heading back. It's pretty hot out here today."

Yuki whipped a bead of sweat from his brow and nodded. "Yes, I suppose you're right. Let's go."

When they walked back into the house, a booming shout echoed through the entire space. "Hello my darling Aria, you've returned!"

Aria stared dumbfounded at Ayame before slamming the door in front of her and walking away quickly. "Nope."

Although Aya was quicker, being able to catch up to her. "Now don't be like that my little kitten. I know you are excited to see me."

But she could only scoff. "Excited is not the word I would use. Go away Ayame."

He pretended to look hurt at this. "You are so cruel, just like Hari. Well, actually, there is a reason I came here you know."

Reaching forward, he grabbed onto Aria's arm before forcefully dragging her into the house against her will. "Now, I will be taking Ari with me for a moment. We will be right back!"

Aria struggled against the man but he was a snake after all. "Ayame, cut it out! Let me go!"

The door slammed shut and Aya stopped moving, letting his hand fall. "Okay Aya, tell me what's going on."

His eyes fell to ones of sadness, his voice dropping an octave lower. "I need you to do something for me Ari, please."

Noticing the shift of atmosphere, she turned her head in confusion. "What do you need?"

Leaning forward, he began to whisper in her ear, watching her eyes go wide at just what he was suggesting.

------------------------------------------