Chapter 6

The sun shined into the eyes of a grumbling Kyo, tossing back and forth in his bed. His orange hair cascaded messily across his face. Why was it so early?

It didn't know why, but he hadn't managed to get an ounce of sleep the entire night no matter how hard he tried. A tight knot in his stomach pounded against him at all hours for some reason. But it seemed that it was somehow connected to that girl, Aria.

Everytime he closed his eyes, Kyo couldn't help but see that dejection look of the mysterious Aria Somha. Wait, she wasn't even a Somha.

The thought itself stirring a thousand questions that he longed for the answer to. Who even was she?

The alarm echoed in his ear and that was the sign to regrettably get up.

Slouching forward, he quickly dressed himself and moved towards the stairs for breakfast, yawning in the process.

He got down a couple steps before stopping when he heard something rather strange.

It sounded like soft hum of a female, the tone relatively happy of sorts, getting louder as he progressed the steps once more.

The hum tuned into a soft tune, carrying him to find out who exactly was making such a noise so early in the morning. Whoever it was, it sounded beautiful.

Turning the corner, Kyo peaked his head out and gasped when he finally realized who it was, Aria.

She was quietly tapping her foot, letting her pen create quick strokes on the sketchbook in her hands. She must of been drawing again.

Turning the book slightly to get another angle, she smiled softly which made Kyo's heart raise once more. She kinda looked like a little kid in this moment when no one was watching.

Staring at the scene, he paused when Shigure's voice entered quietly. "It's been years since she's sung. How I missed it."

Kyo turned to him and found that the dog was always wearing a small smile at the scene. "She used to sing every time at the main house. Wasn't named Aria for nothing."

Quickly realizing he was right, Kyo sharply turned back to her and questioned. "Used to?"

Shigure then saddened his eyes, remembering something unpleasant. "After she was given that necklace, her voice was silenced. It's finally nice to hear it again though."

Kyo tried to think of what it must of been like for her but simply just couldn't. He couldn't even imagine it.

Taking a step into the room, the floor creaked under him and Aria noticed his presence.

Quickly, standing up she closed her book and tried to play it off, an embarrassed expression now on her face. "Uhh good morning Kyo. I should go get ready. Bye."

Thinking back to the tonight before, he knew he had to say something because from the looks of it, it seemed like he hated her. "Now hold on a minute, I...."

She paused and turned to him and his words twisted in his mouth. He didn't know why, but he couldn't say anything. No, it was more that he didn't know what to say to make her feel better.

Noticing his uncertainty, Aria's eyes grew sad and turned back around. "Don't hurt yourself cat. I'm going."

Opening his mouth, he watched her go up and out of his sight, cursing internally at the fact that he is was such a coward.

Shigure's whining voice filled in the space soon enough though. "Ariiiiiii, why didn't you say good morning to me?"

But with no response, he soon gave up. Kyo on the other hand, was determined.