S2 Chapter 4

After the events of the lake house, Kyo and Aria seemed to be drifting further part from each other other more than ever. Neither one of them wanted to give in to their desires which meant that it was a long car ride home.

Yuki eyed this with confusion, still not fully understanding why she was so closed off to the person she cared about the most. It seemed to give mixed signals, that was for sure.

They two past each other at school, not stopping to talk like they usually did. The students started to take notice because of this. "Hey, what happened with them? Did they fight?"

Looking down at her books, Aria sighed, which got the attention of Tohru. "Are you alright Aria? Did something happen?"

But the girl just shook her head, writing down the response in her book. He hates me now, I guess.

Tohru noticed her sad eyes and tried to cheer the poor girl up. "I don't think that's the case at all. You know how Kyo is sometimes. He just doesn't know how to express his emotions."

She gave her a reassuring smile but somehow that didn't ease the thoughts in Aria's mind. She was doing this to help him, if only he understood.

The annoying voice of Haotri appeared in her mind then, reminding her of the things he said on the beach. Decide if you are going to give up, or fight.

The answer was simple, she was supposed to give up, that was the safest option. Yet, everytime he ignored her the past couple days, Aria couldn't help but feel a large hole in her chest at his absence. She missed him, and letting him go was killing her on the inside.

Groaning to herself, she felt a hand lightly tap her shoulder. "It's time to go home. Were you paying attention to what I said?"

She turned and found Yuki starting at her, knowing the answer. "I suppose that's a no. Come on, that stupid cat is supposed to meet us by the gate."

At his name, her eyes fell. When she noticed no one was in the hallway, she realized it was safe to speak. "Sorry Yuki, my mind has been, elsewhere."

Following him out, the rat nodded his head. "I've noticed. You and that cat look miserable. It's getting on my nerves. Just talk to each other already. You'll feel much better."

Aria thought for a moment before lowering her voice. "It's not that easy and you know it."

He supposed that was true but didn't want to admit his faults. Those two were two of the most stubborn people he had ever met.

Turning into the courtyard, Aria saw Kyo's familiar silhouette leaning against the gates to the school, seeming to be deep in thought as she once was. It killed her not to run up to him.

Then, his body turned rigid, leaning over as if he was in pain. His hand moved up to his temple and Aria knew what caused the sudden reaction. He was probably trying to remember again. She told him to stop that.

Aria wanted nothing more than to run up to him and ask if he was okay, but she knew better. If she was going to let him go, she couldn't have that luxary anymore. It would only send mixed signals.

So she shoved down all of her anxiety and strolled up to him normally, with Yuki by her side speaking first. "What are you doing?"

Kyo righted himself and the two of them met eyes before he pulled away in annoyance. "You took long enough, let's go."

He started to turn away and Aria felt the need to say something about his headaches, anything to talk to him again. "I told you not to push it. I guess you don't listen very well, do you?"