Chapter 3

The next day came in a blink of an eye and before she knew it, Aria was standing in front of the mirror with her new school uniform fully prepared. It was rather odd seeing herself in something that Akito hadn't picked out for her. She didn't know why, but it made her kinda nervous.

Because Aria's hair reached to the floor, she opted for a high ponytail to shorten the length. She prayed she wouldn't stand out more then usual but realized that probably wasn't possible. Her unusual eyes and lack of voice would probably give it away.

Giving up on that idea all together, she took one last look in the mirror before placing her sketchbook in her bag and moving down the stairs.

Kyo noticed her appear and couldn't help but think about the night before that they had shared. In just a couple hours his whole opinion changed on her, wondering how hard it really was to be that emotionless all the time.

Shaking his head visibly, he erased the thought in his mind. One thing was for sure. He really needed to stop thinking about her.

When Yuki caught eye of her new uniform, he almost dropped his breakfast. "Why are you wearing that?"

Just then, Shigure came around the corner in his usual joyful mood. "Good morning everyone. Oh, did I forget to tell you? Aria will be attending your school starting today. I already filled out all the paperwork."

The rat started to seeth in anger once again. Not only did he have to see her in his own home, but now he couldn't get away from her at school?! "Sigure, you can't be serious. Wouldn't she rather prefer her expensive home schooled lessons instead?"

Kyo glanced at the girl who wasn't making any emotion. Wasn't she irraited that he just outright insulted her?

Shigure just shook his head and answered. "Sorry Yuki, but Akito wants her to have the full experience."

Yuki slammed his bowl on her counter and stood up aggressively, hissing under his breath. "Unbelievable."

Hearing the noise, Tohru entered the space just beaming at what she had heard. "Wait, Aria is going to our school? Ahh this is so exciting!"

The dog smiled at her joy and remembered something. "Oh also, Akito doesn't want her to use the Somha name in public. You see, Aria is a bit of a well kept secret in the family, so she'll be using the name Aria Kito during her time here."

Kyo watched her eyes widened just slightly at the name choice but that's she didn in terms of a response.

Tohru didn't seem to understand her movements and just bounced forward. "Oh what a lovely name! Would you like to walk with me to school Aria?"

Before she could answer though, Yuki raced forward and grabbed Tohru's arm. "I don't think so. Let's go Miss Honda."

Before they could say anything else, the two of them were gone. Only leaving Kyo and her.

Placing a hand over his head he scoffed. "He really needs to take it down a notch."

Aria looked in the direction of the door and he noticed that hint of sadness in her eyes again. Then before he could question it, it was gone.

Turning her head to him, she reached down and grabbed his hand before turning to the door as if she was asking something.

Kyo just shook her off and backed away. "What the hell is up with you touching people?"

She put her hand down and looked ashamed. Then Aria lifted her head and mouthed one word to him. Sorry

Starting to feel bad, Kyo grumpled and aggressively slung his bag over his shoulder. "Ahh don't make that face either. You wanna walk to school together right? Well, let's get this over with."