The brunette takes me by the hands as her wings unfold and expand to at least ten feet. My fingers tingle as they touch her skin and for some reason my chest does too.

"Hold on tight." She tells me before jumping up and flapping her huge wings.

I curse my body for having such sweaty hands as I cling onto her whilst she flies us upwards for what seems like forever.

We pass through a mile of thick, white clouds before we see light again, but even then I can tell that we have a long way to go before we can land.

"How long do we have left, we've been flying for ages." I complain.

"In earth time, it's been around two weeks," The girl shrugs, "but it's only been an hour in our time. Oh, we're here."

She flaps her wings a couple more times and then my feet touch the ground. Well, the clouds. A large golden gate is ahead of us, unguarded and kept closed by a tiny padlock.

"Go on, unlock it." The girl gestures to the lock.

"How?"

"You've got the key."

"Yeah, I don't think I do."

"Check your pocket or something. Jesus Christ, humans are so incompetent." She mutters.

I stick my hands into my pockets to find nothing. I turn them inside out to show the girl and she looks surprised.

"Oh," she frowns, "that's... odd. I'll have to find someone, there must have been a mistake somewhere."

She unfolds her wings again and flies over the gate, then disappears into the clouds.

My fingers tingle again. I lift a hand up, expecting to see some kind of fluff stuck to me, but instead I discover that my fingers are disappearing.

I squeeze my eyes shut, thinking that they're playing tricks on me, and when I open them again I'm staring into the green eyes of a man.

He gasps, and then I'm back in the clouds, except this time I'm on the floor, staring into the eyes of the brunette girl.

"Are you okay? You don't look so good." She helps me to my feet.

"I don't know," I rub my eyes with my tingly fingers, "is this heaven or something?"

The girl nods.

"So you're an angel?" I ask.

"I guess so," she shrugs, "I'm whatever you want me to be. After all, this is all in your head."

"I want you to be an angel," I pause for a second, "but I don't think I'm dead. Not yet, anyway."

"And why is that?"

"I saw someone I've never seen before. I think they're-"

Everything goes hazy for a second, but then I'm staring once again into the man's green eyes.

"He's coming back!" He shouts, "we've done it! We've f-"

I fall once again into the clouds.

This time, I'm not outside the gates. Instead, I'm in what looks like a hospital, except there's no medical equipment and the only people in here besides myself are the brunette girl and... Jesus?

"My child," He begins, "it appears that the people of your mortal world are trying to bring you back to life. It's something we've seen only once before and it's up to you to decide where to go."

"Here, you'll never feel pain, or sadness. Anybody you have lost will be here, including animals, and you can be with them forever!" The girl smiles.

"But I won't get to see Craig?"

Jesus shakes his head.

"Not until he passes, no."

"I'm going back home."