10

A year later...

I'm woken up by the Red Racer theme tune and I blindly feel everything on my bedside table until my fingers wrap around my phone.

I press answer and hold the phone to my ear.

"Hey, Tweek." Craig's beautiful voice greets me.

"Hey," I yawn, "ready for our date?"

"I sure am. I'm driving over now," he replies, "are you?"

I look down at my boxers and oversized t-shirt.

"Yeah. I'm just waiting for you to turn up."

Craig laughs.

"Lemme guess... you've woken up from your afternoon nap in a Deadpool hoodie and sweatpants."

"Nope. Deadpool t-shirt and boxers." I grin as I jump out of bed to quickly get changed.

"Close enough. Send a pic?"

"Nice try," I laugh, "I've told you, I don't want to send pics like that. The FBI man might spread them around the office."

I put my phone onto my dresser, then I quickly change boxers, put on some socks and dig out a pair of jeans. I wrestle with my belt, then rush to my closet to pick out a shirt. Since it's June and it's slightly warmer than usual, I decide to wear a green t-shirt instead of one of my usual button-ups.

"I'm nearly dressed. I'll be downstairs in two minutes," I tell Craig, "see you in a bit."

"Bye, honey." He says before he hangs up.

After shoving my phone into my back pocket, I grab my shoes from under my bed, beside the open condom box and ripped wrapper, then put them on them as quickly as I can.

I run down the stairs and quickly say goodbye to my parents before opening the door and almost tripping over an amazon box.

"Mom, Amazon." I call.

"Thanks, dear," she smiles, "enjoy your date."

"I will!" I give her a wave.

I close the door and sit on the doorstep to wait for Craig. Five minutes later, he pulls up in the drive way and rolls down his window.

"Get in, loser," he grins, "we're going on a date."

With an eye roll and a smile, I get into the passenger's side and buckle in.

Craig kisses my cheek and switches on the radio.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

"Yep."

Craig pulls out of the driveway and starts driving towards Stark's Pond.

The sky is a gorgeous mix of pink and yellow as the sun begins to set. My nap may have over ran a little.

It doesn't take long for us to get to the hill so we're lying on the picnic blanket before the sun has fully set.
Craig's hand is warm around mine and I don't think I've ever been happier.

Some may think I'm crazy for rejecting eternal life for one dorky, space obsessed loser, but he's my dorky, space obsessed loser. I wouldn't be able to cope without him and I wouldn't ever change my mind.