The Fight

UPDATE: I didn't actually change anything but I did leave a million sarcastic comments, so I'd recommend looking at those.

AN: Story contains the spanking of teenagers, etc. I kinda feel bad because I rarely use Lia, Grace, or Tina in my stories, but I have put the most work into Daisy and Lil because of my previous books, so they are easier to write. Please note that this is not like either of them and in general they would never fight anyone, especially each other. 

I am going to classify this as an AU, because it doesn't fit into the timeline I have. Yes, I'm the only one who cares, I know. I'll leave a comment if anyone is interested.

Funny thing, this is one of the first stories I ever fully wrote. I've edited it, of course, because the original was quite bad. I had considered making it a full book, but it isn't quite long enough for that.

Warning, this contains the harsh spanking of two teenage girls, talk of abuse, and general angst. You've been warned. It's fairly edgy. And very long.

"So you would use the Pythagorean Theorem on that side to solve the triangle."

Hazel looked intently at the drawing, then up at James. "Wow, that makes way more sense. Thanks."

"No problem." James said, feeling a little bit uncertain. He and Hazel hadn't always gotten along, but some days, days like this, he was honestly sad that they weren't better friends. Not that he'd admit that, of course.

"Geometry is actually not that bad now. I honestly prefer your teaching to Mr. Stone's."

"Geometry is easy for me. English, however..."

Hazel smiled. "You were very good at the speech unit."

James sighed. "Yeah, but these essays are killing me. I just can't ever figure out how to have a good conclusion."

Hazel shrugged. "I'm ok at it. Hey, how about you help me with math and I help you with english?"

James was about to reply that that sounded great, but at that minute a tiny African American girl raced around the corner, dashed past him, and ran directly into Hazel.

"Lia? What are you doing?"

Lia paused to catch her breath, and in that moment, James could hear far away chanting.

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Hazel heard as well, and the two heads locked eyes.

"Lia, is there a fight? Who is it?"

Lia gasped out. "Daisy...and Lil..."

"What?!" Both Hazel and James stared at the girl.

"They were arguing...Then they started hitting each other...Grace tried to stop them...She got hit...and you know how Tina is with blood..."

In response to this, both heads raced off, leaving a still tired Lia to follow after them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

The two heads raced around the last corner, James slightly ahead, and both skidded to a stop at what they saw.

A half circle of students was surrounding two screaming and disheveled girls who were punching, kicking, and scratching with all they had. Hazel noticed that there were some other girls and even a few boys, rather than egging on the fighters, trying to placate them. Tina sat on the ground with her head between her knees, and holding a kleenex against Grace's nose was...