1.6 - cheesiness

-

I woke at a fairly early time, considering it was a Monday and I should've been at school. I shook it off, though, because it was almost the end of the school year, and who doesn't get "sick" every once in a while?

I quickly braided my frizzy, messy hair to the side, checking the clock on the top of Luke's dresser. It was only about 9 AM as I rolled over to see Luke, observing him. His skin was pale, his messy hair falling against his forehead. His mouth was spread slightly, his breaths slow as he snored slightly. 

"You're staring," He mumbled, pulling me closer to him. I smiled, placing my hands on his bare chest. "Who wouldn't?" He chucked slightly. "Luke, what are we?" I mumbled into his skin.

He sighed, his eyes still closed, and leaned his forehead against mine. When he finally opened them, they were a light shade of blue, which made my knees go weak, even though I was lying down.

"Whatever you want us to be, baby," He said, pecking my lips and closing his eyes again. "C'mere," He mumbled, as he sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me on top of him. "What are you doing?" 

"I gotta tell you something," He said. 

"So, I've been trying to find a way to say this for a while, but it hasn't really felt right yet," He said, placing his hands on my hips.

"Luke, if this is gonna be some cheesy shit, I really don't think we need to talk about it,"

"Shut up. I'm trying to be romantic." He said, glaring at me. I shrugged. "Never heard of it," He rolled his eyes, continuing on.

"So, there's a long list of reasons that I think you're great. I mean, I could talk about you all day. I really like you, and I hate myself for it, because you're not good for me and I swear you're gonna ruin my life. But every time I look at you, and I see your huge, brown eyes, it makes me so happy. I love your hair when it's down." He said, pulling the hair tie from the end of my braid, and flicking it across the room when I reached over to grab it, then running his fingers through it.

"I also love it when you're angry, because you turn really red, and you look like a little tomato. I love how short you are, and when you're wearing my shirt that makes you look like a little kid. I love it when you're walking with Charlotte, laughing. I love it when your hair is up and it swings back and forth while you walk. I love how concentrated you are in class. I love how you can casually hang out with four guys and never complain about us playing our music obnoxiously loud or how much we eat. I love how you pronounce cello as shello and you refuse to say it the right way. I love when you're reading a book and you can ignore anything around you. I love your American accent. I love how you can just drop everything and come eat cotton candy with me at a festival," He grabbed both of my hands, intertwining are fingers together. He was smiling like an idiot, which made me smile. "And sure, you're a prude, but you're all I really want. I really wanna try a real relationship, y'know, with you."

By then, I was smiling so hard my cheeks were burning, but I couldn't stop. 

"I still remember the first day we met. You where wearing a really light pink sweater and jeans, and you kept on staring at me in the cafeteria. I didn't know why, but when I saw you in that hallway, I had to have a reason to talk to you. So I knocked you over," He said, grinning.

I gasped, punching his arm playfully. "You're such a prick!" I said, giggling. "One of your friends told me you worked in the library, so I went over there," He said. I suddenly made note that I had to get to work later that day.

"Luke, you're being really cheesy right now." "But you love it," I climbed off his lap, laying on my side so that I was facing him.

"You're amazing, Katherine. I know that I haven't really got a chance to take you on a real date, but I want to be able to kiss you whenever the fuck I want, and I want to be able to show you off at the mall, and I want to be able to protect you and keep you safe, and make sure everyone in school knows that Katherine Ivory is my girlfriend. So please let me," He said, practically begging me.