Chapter 12

I don't know what made me change my mind but I did. I'm not sure if it was the pleading in his voice. Everything he said that night was pleading, begging, and there was something else. Like he wanted to tell me why he was treating 'us' this way but he didn't say.

I wasn't lying when I told him there is no us until he told me the truth.

I am not going to give my heart that easily to him again. Sure, I believe when he says he loves me but right now he needs to work on being a father to Kenzie.

We will deal with us later if there is ever going to be an us.

I also wasn't lying when I said there are stipulations.

I let him see her whenever he wants but I'm not far behind. I won't leave him alone with her but I do give them their time alone. I just stand in the back ground far enough away from them. But close enough that if he decides to hurt her in anyway, I wont be that far away. They both know I'm there.

So far, he is doing pretty good. He sees her everyday. As soon as he is done with school homework and alpha duties he comes over. Sometimes, he brings his homework so he can do it while she colors. They go to the park, they play in the backyard, he takes her shopping, he'll shift and take her for a ride. They've been to the zoo, theme park, movies, ice skating. Whatever they can find to do together. Even played football, basketball, soccer, and baseball a couple of times. He has even stayed over for dinner or takes her over his house so they can have father-daughter dates. He has given her a bath, and has put her to bed on some nights.

So, he is trying.

It's cute seeing them together.

She loves it. Even though I'm there, she still has to tell me her day. She will talk real fast from her excitement. It's too cute.

I just don't know what to think anymore. I know he is keeping why he treats us that way from me. And I can't figure out why. I couldn't form a rational question in my head so I just blurted out a couple. Nothing makes sense to me.

I'm guessing he doesn't really want us together that bad. If he did, he would tell me why.

That's fine as long as he is there for Kenzie. I can live with everything else.

"Hey." he says, coming into the living room. I look up at him. I close my eyes, shaking my head amused. Both of them are caked with mud. "We are going to the park to play monsters, you coming?" he asks it so calmly, like it was normal to have mud caked everywhere for the park. I started laughing.

It was hard not to.

When I said caked, I mean CAKED. He has mud all over his face. His once white, clean fitted t-shirt, that showed his muscles by the way, is now brown and covered in mud. His hair has at least ten layers of mud in it. His jeans are also covered in mud.

She uh, well... Her hair has mud in it but hers is styled so it's sticking straight up. Mud all over her face. I mean all over. Clothes ruined.

Oh, they look bad.

"What's going on in here?" mom asks, coming into the living room. When she sees them you can see the panic in her eyes. "Get the hell out of my house! What is wrong with you two? Shoo! Out! You get mud on my carpet, both of you are dead!" she rants, turning beet red. I laughed harder while them two looked at each other and shrug. Like they didn't do anything wrong.

"Why is nana mad?" she whispers to him.

"I don't know, maybe because she can't play monsters." he offers her. Oh God, does he not get it?

"Sowwy nana but you can't play." she tells mom seriously.

"Oh, I think I'll live." mom huffs. "Just get out of my house!" she growls at them.

"Daddy, lets go befowe she blows." Kenzie says. Oh God, this is funny.

"Come on, Shay. If you can stop laughing long enough." he says. I nod, getting up still laughing.

We go, getting into mom's car. I still don't have one yet and we can't take his because it's only a two seater. I'm still laughing like a loon.

"What's so funny?" he asks me as he gets in the car.

"Have you not seen yourself?" I laugh. He looks in the rear view mirror.

"I look rugged." he says shrugging.

"No daddy. Scarwy." Kenzie corrects from the back seat.

"No, ridiculous." I correct. "You both do." I say as I shake my head.

"Wewe montsews momma." she reminds me. I could just tell she was rolling her eyes at me.

He drives us to the park as I made fun of them but the funny thing about it was that it didn't phase Noah at all. He just took it all.

When we got to the park, they played for hours as I watched and laughed. They chased each other around trees and through tunnels.

Which I'm surprised Noah got his big butt through.

Up and down slides. Everything they could find and try and scare each other.

Some of Noah's friends came by and watched as well. How they found out he was here was beyond me. They couldn't believe that our alpha could actually laugh and smile.

It is a rare sight to see, but I've been seeing a lot of it lately.

It's nice to see him this way.

When they finally get done they both come and collapse next to me.

"I'm hungry. Let's go eat." Noah says. I cock an eyebrow.

"Don't you want to go change?" I ask him.

"Nah, I'm good." he tells me. "We just won't go anywhere fancy." he says and sits up.

"Can we go to buwgew King?" Kenzie asks excitedly.

"Burger King it is." he says standing up. "Lets go little lady." he says picking her up and putting her over his shoulders. I just shake my head, standing up.

We get in the car with him driving again. We go to Burger King. Yeah, kind of embarrassing if you ask me. I'm not sure who for. Me, for walking into a restaurant with them looking like, uh, monsters or them for looking like the monsters.

Either way, that's a man.

Any man that will to go anywhere looking like a complete idiot for his daughter is a man.

We eat then leave. We joke and talk when out of nowhere, I see a car barreling right for us on his side.

"Noah!" I yell pointing. He looks over just in time for it to collide with us.

I woke up with a killer headache. I look around dazed when I notice I'm upside down and begin to panic. I look to my left and see Noah still passed out.

"Noah!" I panic. Nothing. "Kenzie!" I look over my shoulder to see the door and her gone. "Noah!" I yell panicked. Nothing. "Noah!" I yell as I try to get out of my seat belt. "Noah, please wake up!" I beg.

I couldn't get out.

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited By: Callmelenaa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~