Chapter 17

It's been a week since then. I can't bring myself to go over there and check on them. I'll have Brighton, Kade, or dad do it. If I do I'll get trapped again. Something I'm not letting happen.

Dad and Kade keep asking why I'm doing it this way but I'll just shrug and tell them it's nothing.

Brighton, on the other hand, tells me constantly what an idiot I'm being.

I know I am.

He also keeps telling me to talk to her about whatever is going through my head and that maybe she'll help me through it. I just roll my eyes at him. I don't need a doctor Phil moment. I need her to understand why I can't be with them.

"She's leaving." dad announces as he comes into the living room. I don't need him to elaborate on who she is. I know damn well who she is. I just shrug going back to my football game.

Good. Now I don't have to worry about her or Kenzie anymore.

He growls and slaps me on the back of the head.

"What the hell dad!" I huff rubbing the back of my head.

"You're a fucking idiot!" he yells at me. "If this is someway about your mother and sister, don't let it effect you this way son." he says exasperated. "Your mother, well, she's a bitch and she was human and couldn't handle the werewolf world and your sister wouldn't want you to lose everything because of her. You owe it to her to be happy." he says tearing up. We don't talk about them often, actually, never. They are both are sore subjects for us. It breaks dad's heart every time. "Go talk to her." he tells me. I sigh getting up. Yeah, I will only because I want to say good bye.

So I get up and leave. I jump in my car and drive to her house. When I get there, I knock on the door just to have her answer it.

"What do you want?" she sneers. "If you come to say don't leave too bad we're leaving in a week and I'm not changing my mind." she huffs. I just shrug.

"No, I just came to tell you two goodbye." I say.

"Well, goodbye." she says trying to shut the door in my face but I stop it with my foot.

"Can I say goodbye to Kenzie?" I ask her.

"It's better if you didn't. You're not in her life as far as she's concerned." she tells me. That was hard to swallow but it's a good thing, right? This is what I wanted, right?

Then why does it feel so fucking wrong?

"Please Shay?" I say almost begging.

"She's not here anyway." she says. I give her a yeah right look and she sighs. "She's out with my parents and Corey but I guess you can come in and wait for them." she huffs. I nod as she steps aside. She goes inside, sitting in the living room in silence. She flips through the channels and ignores me. Fine by me, I suppose.

"I want you to lift the rejection order then I want you to reject me." she says after awhile breaking the silence. I snap my head up to her and she's looking at me pleading. I gulp nodding.

"I..I..I..I..I..I." I stuttered. The words were there but they got stuck in my throat. I close my eyes taking a deep breath. I can do this I tell myself. "My mother left us and my sister died." came out instead. That wasn't suppose to come out. I look at her wide eyed. She looks at me in shock. She visibly and audibly gulps.

"I didn't know you had a sister." she whispers.

"Yeah, she died when she was two and I was ten." I tell her opening my eyes. It just keeps coming out doesn't it?

"How?" she asks me. I gulp. Might as well tell her everything not just part of it.

"My mom was human and wasn't very keen on the werewolf thing. She was fine with it as long as my dad never shifted in front of her or brought home his alpha work. Then Bailey was born. She couldn't handle it since I was already showing signs of being a werewolf. She up and left." I say with a shrug. "Bailey and I were outside playing when rouges came and attacked us. They killed her instantly but I got lucky and got away and that's why we moved here. Now you see why I can't be with you?!" I yell at the end. She stands up and comes to stand in front of me. I look up at her and she slaps me. I mean really slaps the shit out of me. "What the hell!" I yell holding my cheek.

"You're an idiot." she huffs.

"Don't you get it?" I huff.

"No, I don't Noah." she says crossing her arms over her chest.

"What if we got together and you got tired of me and left? What if you or Mackenzie got killed? What if..." that's as far as I got before she slapped me again. "Would you quit hitting me?!" I growl at her.

"No, not until I knock some sense into you. You're being stupid Noah. I'm not your mother. I was never going to leave you. And you can't control fate!" she yells at me.

"You already left me!" I yell reminding her.

"Because you keep pushing me away!" she yells at me. "God Noah!" she yells slapping me again.

Then boom.

She pushes me back to the couch, wraps her arms around my neck, and straddles me. I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist burying my face in her neck, just holding her. It felt good to hold her.

God really good.

After awhile she lifts her head up cupping my face with her hands.

"Noah, I'm not your mother." she repeats softly looking me right in the eyes. "I never wanted to leave you." I was about to protest but she keeps going. "But when Kenzie came along I couldn't let her go through what I was going through with you. Having you so close yet so far away. She needs a father, Noah, not a part time dad." she says.

"What happens if you die Shay? I can't watch that again. It's my fault she died. I couldn't save her." I whisper.

"Noah, you were a kid. Of course you couldn't save her. Besides, you can't stop fate. It was her time to go." she tells me. "Think about it, Noah. If it was time for Kenzie to go she would be gone by now. Because she was with what, twenty rouges. Anyone of them could have killed her at any time. But she's not because it wasn't her time to go. It was Bailey's time to go, Noah. Her life was short lived, yes, but it was her time. Her life being taken away was meant to be learned from. Probably to teach all that knew her that life is short so don't waste it on what if's." she tells me. I never looked at it that way before. She leans down pressing her lips to mine, giving me a short sweet kiss. "Noah, I love you and if you promise to be the mate you're supposed to be, I'll promise to be the mate I'm suppose to be. To never leave you and stay by your side 'till the day I die, no matter what." she says.

I stared at her in shock. She's never once told me she loved me.

Can I do that?

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited By: Callmelenaa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~