11|eleven

Ella's POV

I laughed at a joke Miyah had just told our lunch table as I took a bite out of my apple. I looked across the lunch room, and noticed Sophia send me a dirty look. I rolled my eyes as I shifted in my seat knowing it was because Ethan didn't feel the same about her. Ethan. I hadn't talked to him since he told me a few days ago. I felt bad for not talking to him, but I know if I saw him it would feel like he did nothing wrong. If I'm going to date him I have to make sure he's done playing his games.

I looked towards the main entrance of the lunchroom as Grayson and Ethan walked in along with Alex and Nate. Ethan looked around the lunch room until his eyes met with mine. I looked away as Miyah leaned over to whisper something to me.

"Have you talked to him?" Miyah asked while I bit into my apple and shook my head no. "Well, you're about to." Miyah said nodding her head towards Ethan's direction. I looked up and noticed him walking towards me. I felt my heart drop to my stomach with each step Ethan took towards me. I wasn't ready to talk to him.

"Hey." he quietly said pulling up a chair next to me. I leaned back into my seat with my arms folded waiting for him to say something. I looked into his eyes and noticed how on edge he was. He was nervous, but why?

"Are you okay?" I asked with concern laced through my tone. He wiped his hands on his pants as he nodded looking at all my friends stare back at him. I stood up as I grabbed Ethan's hand, and took him out of the cafeteria. There was no way he would be able to say what he wanted to say with my friends staring at him.

"Hopefully this makes you feel better." I said as Ethan just nodded his head with a forced smile. I could see in his eyes that he had relaxed a bit, but was still nervous.

"What is it, E." I said softly trying to calm down his nerves. Not only did his eyes scream nervous, but his body language did as well. It was starting to make me feel anxious.

"I don't want to pressure you, but it's killing me inside Ella. I just want to call you mine already, and I should've told you way sooner." Ethan said as I looked into his hazel eyes. He was serious. He was telling the truth about him liking me. He likes me.

"Why did you sleep with Sophia?" I blurted, shortly regretting that I asked him that question. I felt terrible for asking him, but I knew it would eat me alive if I never knew why.

"I thought if I went back to my old ways I would get over you, but it did the opposite. Sleeping with Sophia made me realize that you are the only girl I want, and not for sex. I want to be with you, Ella." Ethan said taking a step closer to me. I looked down at my feet as I cracked my knuckles in a nervous habit.

"I only want you, Ella." Ethan whispered as he placed his finger underneath my chin, and brought my gaze up to his. It took everything in me not to kiss him, but damn did I want to kiss him.

Ethan's POV

"I only want you, Ella." I whispered placing my index finger underneath her chin, and bringing her gaze up to meet mine. I was telling her the truth. She was the only girl that I wanted. She was perfect, and everything I could ask for. I just wanted to kiss her, but was holding back not knowing if she would accept it or not. I searched her eyes looking for some kind of response.

I felt her hands place themselves onto my neck as she lowered my head so our lips would meet. I was taken aback, but kissed back knowing this would be the answer that I needed. I needed her.

She slowly pulled away as her eyes fluttered open. I felt a smile form onto my face as one shortly appeared onto hers. I wanted to do things right with her this time. I wanted to treat her right, and not the way I used to.

"So, is that a yes?" I asked as a giggle escaped her lips.

"Yes" she nodded causing another smile to erupt onto my face. I placed my hand onto her cheeks as I kissed her lips once again. I would never get tired of this.

--------
an: omg guys this book is almost at 1k. That's insane. anyway hope you guys enjoyed this update, and sorry that it was short. see you guys in the next one.