19|nineteen

Ella's POV
*one month later*

People usually change for the best after a break up. They change so they can win the other person back. They change so the other person realizes what they lost. Ethan didn't change. He slipped back into his old ways. He started sleeping around again, and started going to random parties to find more girls.

It was sad to see the person that changed for you go back to his old ways. I kept telling myself he would get over it. He would sleep around to take his mind off of me or the breakup. It was the complete opposite. I wasn't the only one that noticed the change. Grayson noticed it first. Grayson would come home as soon as a girl was leaving.

I couldn't stand watching girls throw themselves at Ethan. I wish we were still dating so all this would stop. Sophia didn't stop. She kept throwing herself at Ethan even though he didn't want her.

"Hey." Grayson softly said as he placed his hand on my lower back. I looked up at him and flashed him a small smile. Grayson has been here for me through everything. He was honestly the best person I could ever ask for.

"Hi." I said holding my books close to my chest. I grabbed my last book I needed before leaning against my locker door.

"Have you spoken to Ethan?" Grayson said catching my off guard. I looked up at him confused as to why he was asking me this. He knew I haven't spoken to Ethan since we broke up.

"No, why?" I asked arching my eyebrow in confusion. What was he trying to get at?

"I think you should." Grayson said not making eye contact. I let out a sigh causing Grayson to look up at me. I didn't really have anything to say to Ethan. There was nothing to say honestly. He was living his life a certain way, and I was living mine the other.

"Grayson I don-"

"Ella, you need to. He's spiralling, and you can't see it. He needs you, but he just won't admit it." Grayson said cutting me off. I bit the inside of my cheek contemplating on what to do. I let out a sigh knowing what I had to do.

LATER THAT NIGHT

I brought my fist up to the door hesitating. Did I really want to do this? I have to do this. I knocked twice on the door. Either Grayson or Ethan was going to open the door. I prepared for it to be Ethan. I heard the door being unlocked before opening to reveal Grayson. I lowered my shoulders in relief seeing Grayson before Ethan.

"He's upstairs." Grayson said stepping to the side to let me in. I nodded my head as Grayson closed the front door. Grayson already knew why I was here. It was his idea. I turned on my heel, and made my way upstairs to Ethan's room. I knocked lightly on his door hearing him let out a grunt.

"Grayson! Please lea- Oh." Ethan said opening his door in anger, but changing his emotion instantly once he say me. His body went from rigid to calm in an instant. I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"Can we talk?" I asked softly as Ethan just nodded his head. He stepped aside as I walked over to his bed. He softly closed his door before turning back around to face me. I rubbed my hands against my jeans as I grew nervous. Why was he making me nervous?

"What do you want to talk about?" Ethan asked folding his arms over his chest as he leaned against his desk. I looked him up and down. His freshly shaven face had stubble. His eyes most of all were darker. They used to be light with hints of green, but now they are pure black. The Ethan standing in front of me wasn't the Ethan a month ago. He really did change for the worse.

"Grays- I honestly don't know why I'm here." I said standing up from the bed. Ethan looked at me with his eyebrow arched in confusion. I didn't know why I was here. I'm not here to get back together with him. There's no point in me being here. What am I supposed to tell him? Stop sleeping with people because we broke up?

"You're here because Grayson told you to talk to me. I'm not stupid Ella." Ethan said walking over to me. I felt my breathing hitch just as he was a few inches away from my face. Our chests barely touched each other as we both took breaths in. I could smell his cologne as his minty breath hit my neck.

"Ethan, Grayson's is just worried." I said softly looking into his eyes. They were still dark, but the little specks of green were coming out.

"He should mind his own business, just like everyone else." He said harshly. I closed my eyes as I let out a sigh. I missed Ethan don't get me wrong. I was finally with him after he was done with his fuckboy antics. Ethan was at his best when we were together. It was hard watching him fall back to his lowest points. Sophia just had to ruin everything.

"Ethan, I miss you." I said barely above a whisper. I felt a lump form in my throat as I was trying to hold back my tears. I looked down at my hands not being able to face Ethan.

"Ella your th-"

"I know! and I regret everything about it." I shouted catching Ethan off guard. I regret letting Sophia get in between our relationship. If I just ignored her Ethan and I would still be together.

"Then why did you do it?" Ethan asked as I looked up at him. His eyes became glossy which broke my heart even more.

"Sophia wasn't going to stop. I couldn't stand being with you, and watching her still throw herself at you. I felt like at one point you would cave, and sleep with her." I said as Ethan shook his head.

"Ella, I would never cheat on you. I loved you so damn much to put you through that." Ethan said grabbing my hands tightly. I closed my eyes as tears started to stream down my cheeks.

"I still love you."

--------
an: wowowowowowowowowow omg. guys we have 6 chapters to go. so that means chapter 24 and then the epilogue. hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and see you in the next one.