The king of Halphas

"Tiamat." - normal speech
'Tiamat.' -Thought speech
(Tiamat.) - Tiamat speech
{Ddraig} - Ddraig speech
Scene transition - scene transition
Sora Pov
I whimpered as noises screamed by.
(Wake up Sora)
"10 minutes Mom..." I muttered as I let my head move to the side.
(Sora! I said wake up!)
"Argh!" I yelled as I jumped from a position where I was sitting down. "Sorry Mom." I said as I scratched my head sheepishly.
(Geez, you're such a troublesome child sometimes.)
'I can't help it Mom. I'm a growing child.' I told her. I got up from where I was leaning against the wall and smoothed my uniform out. Right now I'm in the student staff room of Kuoh Academy. As a teacher I should be early but since I'm homeless, I sleep in the staff room. Everything that I own is in my bag. The contents are
-Several changes of clothing
-Basic toiletries
-Evil pieces
-ID card and documents
-Materials for Sacred Gears
That's it. Oh yeah, I should introduce myself. I'm Sora Kusanagi nee Halphas. A bastard child of one of the original 72 pillars. Saying that, the demonic bloodline was so diluted that it only awakened in me in this generation. Oh that's right, because I'm a bastard I have the Sacred Gear Karmic Chaos. A high class artificial Sacred Gear.

Tiamat, aka Mom, adopted me after I was left orphaned due to a stray exorcist killing my parents. Following that, she allowed herself to be used in my experiments to create artificial Sacred Gears. I also stole the gear the stray was using.
[You mean me right?]
A Vritra Sacred Gear. To be more specific, Blaze Black Flare. It took me forever to extract it from his body but I got there. After Tiamat went into my Sacred Gear, she awakened Vritra's soul in the gear. Since then, Mom and Uncle have been with me for about four years now, ten years after the Attack. By the way, I'm 17.

I combed my hair downwards before messing it up. I was a prodigy, I mean it was shown when I made an artificial Sacred Gear when I'm 13, but still. I had to learn a bunch of physics and mathematics in order to create it and, because of it, got a degree. Seeing as I had evil pieces as well after a venture into the underworld (don't ask please), I thought I might as well start recruiting.

I took my bag and hoisted it over my shoulder before running into the student council president. "Morning Shitori-San." I said to the Sitri heiress. She adjusted her glasses before saying. "Good morning to you too Sora-Sensei." Now you're wondering why she doesn't detect I'm a half devil. Easy, Karmic Chaos. It gives the user a Concealment ability and can hide the presence of other races, magic, your own presence and your intentions. That's right, it is one of the most useful utility gears out there. And I made it.

"I have to speak to a few students about behaviour after school later so can you please inform the school that classroom 2-B is occupied after school?" I told Sona. I am trying to recruit someone for my peerage and he seems very nice from when I managed to talk to him as well so I should be successful. That said, I only got a queen, a rook, a knight and a pawn so there's that. On the other hand, the rook is mutated.

"I shall do that Sora-Sensei, if you would excuse me." Sona told me politely before going on her way. I chuckled softly before going to my class for lessons. Hopefully people won't be late.
Issei Pov
"Phew...Almost late." I said as I barely made it through the school gate. I hurried through and entered my class just as Sensei was calling my name. "Hyoudou Issei?" Sensei asked before I gasped out. "Here!" Sensei smiled at me before indicating me to go to my seat.

Sora Kusanagi. Sora is my Sensei and one of my confidants that I can trust in. That being said, I still don't know Sensei's gender as Sensei just smiles and refuses to tell me. Sensei is nice though and doesn't judge me for being a pervert like others in the school and he's my favourite teacher since he also helps out with my school work.

"Hyoudou Issei, You have to meet me after school because of some of your questionable...deeds you have done over the past month." Sensei said as I gaped my mouth at Sensei. Sensei gives me a smirk and said. "I hope I don't hear any words of mischief later in the day." I changed my mind about Sensei.
After school
Sora Pov
I looked at the two students in front of me. Saji Genshirou and Issei Hyoudou. I leaned against the wall before I started. "I assume you know why you two are here?" I asked and they both nodded. "I'll start with Genshirou-Kun first. Don't let me catch you with illicit photos of a certain student council president again or you'll be suspended. Is that clear?" I told Saji.

Issei just gaped at him while Saji nodded his head rapidly. "You may go first but this is just a warning okay." I told him and he left the room as soon as possible. I then looked at Issei. "Now I'll be frank Issei," I told him and he looks away guiltily. "You're not here because of your activities." I continued and he looks at me confused. While I said this, I set up several barriers and hid mine and Issei's presence from the school.

"Do you believe in the supernatural?" I asked him. Issei shook his head. "Well, their real." I told him and he jumped up from his seat. "Bull-." "Shit right? Well too bad. It's real." I cut him off as I spread my two wings. Since I got my gears and add that onto my base power, I got one pair of azure blue wings and another pair of dark purple, verging on black, wings. Both of them are draconic in nature.

Issei froze as he looked at me. "Are you going to kill me?" He asked. I shook my head. "No. I want you to join my peerage." I told him and he looked at me confused. "Let's start from the beginning. I'm a half human, half devil. Devil societies have something called a peerage. Those are formed using evil pieces on people to turn them into devils and become their peerage members." I told Issei.

Issei nodded in understanding. "The evil pieces are like chess pieces. I got 1 queen, 2 bishops, 2 rooks, 2 knights and 8 pawns. Currently I have used up my Queen, a rook and a knight and 4 pawns." I told him. "Depending on which piece I use on you, you'll have different effects a bishop increases energy reserves, a knight increases speed, a rook increases strength and a Queen increases all of the above. You can use the pawn to turn into any one of the pieces but there will be a backlash afterward." I told him.

Issei nodded again and understanding struck him. "You want me to become a devil?!" He shouted. I nodded. "Why me?" Issei asked.

"For starters, you have a Sacred Gear in you. You also have a good nature despite your perverse acts and you are very loyal." I told him. He thought to himself before sitting back down. I decided to hammer the final nail of the coffin. "And if you become a devil, polygamy is allowed so you can have a harem." I told him.

"I wanna become a devil!" Issei shouted. I smiled and took out a rook and placed it against his chest. "I, Sora Kusanagi nee Halphas, command Issei Hyoudou to become my rook." I really hope this works. The piece went into his body and I breathed a sigh of relief as a pair of devil wings emerged from his back. "You are now my rook Issei." I told him and he shouted in joy.

He then turned to me and his face became serious. "Sora Sensei." He started. I looked at him questioningly. "Since I'm your new rook, can you reveal what your gender is?" He asked. I looked at him dumbfounded for a moment before bursting out in laughter. "Ah...Sorry Issei, but the truth is that I'm gender fluid or, as some people know it, transgender. I can swap between either gender at will." I told him and his mouth formed an 'O' shape.

I opened the door. "Come on, I'll tell you more at your...house..." My voice trailed off when the entire student council and occult research club stood outside the door. "So.. care to explain what you are Sensei?" Sona asked.

Author's note
I'm ending it off there. Next chapter would be about the other members of Sora's peerage.

About Sora's last name, this is just me being unable to come up with anything else and using Halphas just seems to be weird as an actual last name. Some other things to take note of is that this is actually a year before Canon so Asia won't be coming anytime soon.

Issei would still be perverted but it will be somewhat restrained. Not toned down, just restrained. Aside from that, the members in the peerage would actually affect some of the future arcs down the line as well so keep that in mind. See you next chapter.