Favourite Superhero (Supernatural)

Dean, at only fourteen, rolled his eyes while waiting impatiently for his little brother to get ready. “Sammy, come on! Dad’s waiting,” he beckoned and the ten year old boy bit his lip.

“I don’t know what to go as Dean!”

“It doesn’t matter! It’s only dress up. Just go as your favourite superhero or something,” he offered, his eyes darting to the front door when they heard the car beep. Sam’s brow furrowed together and his lips pursed, extreme concentration written all over his face.

“Favourite superhero?”

“Yeah now hurry up,” Dean said and saw the sparkle of mischief in his brother’s eyes, the slow smile that spread across his face. He looked up at his brother, who was much taller than him, and grinned excitedly.

“Okay! Stay here! Close your eyes, okay? No peeking, promise?”

“Okay,” Dean said as he closed his eyes tightly.

“Dean you have to promise,” he whined and Dean couldn’t help the smile that spread on his face.

“I promise, Sammy,” he reassured and heard his little brother’s excited footsteps retreat. He kept his eyes closed as promised He always kept his promises. It was only a minute before he heard Sammy return and smiled softly.

“Can I open them yet?”

“Okay, open your eyes!”

Dean opened one eye and spotted his brother, opening the other eye slowly.

“Surprise!”

“Is… is that my shirt?”

“Yeah!”

“Why are you wearing my shirt?” he asked, eyeing the Metallica shirt that hung off his shoulders loosely, the hem coming half-way down to his knees. Sam rolled his eyes impatiently and grabbed his brother’s hand, dragging him outside to the car.

“Because you’re my favourite superhero”