Chapter One

A/N
I just want to apologize in advance for my misspellings or if words don't make sense. When I write I tend to type way too fast so I don't forget what I'm trying to say.
If it's very bothersome just let me know in a comment and I'll fix it.
Thank you in advance for reading and I hope you enjoy.
Also, don't steal my work.. this story is something I've in my head forever and I really don't want to read it in someone else's book..

~~~~~~

The city noises and general loudness of my town are starting to seep into my slowly waking conscious, as I wake from yet another unfinished dream.
Sighing in defeat as my eyes flutter open to confirm just how unsatisfied I feel. My only safe haven used to be when I would have such vivid dreams that I remembered for hours and hours.

Now, after the past six years of constant torment and isolation; I could barely get a whisper of the color and seemingly magic like dream state that I so desperately craved for just one night of escape.
Well that was enough of that.
I stretched one last time before slowly getting out of bed to start my day of chores.

However, after brushing my teeth and doing my customary stare into the mirror to comprehend how tired I am; it starts to seem like memories are going to be particularly haunting today.
My usual blue grey eyes are sparkling and for whatever reason, I see the family friend that is in my mind every day flash through my minds eye.
I wasn't naive enough to believe that this friend wasn't related to me in some way.
The resemblance we shared is eye catching.

As I've grown, my features have matured and I see his cheek bones and his beautiful eyes staring back at me.
Where my hair is curly, his is straight. Our laugh may be the same as well, I was told it was years ago. I still remember him surprisingly well after six years. Considering my birthday is the last day I ever saw him, it's engrained on an important date to me.

Blinking rapidly to snap myself out of my temporary delusions, I rub my eyes and continue getting ready.
In just fifteen minutes I'm running down the steps to start breakfast in the kitchen. Naturally I'm the last one there and I get scowls from all around.

"Goddess Daisy.. do you need wake up calls again?"

I roll my eyes at the ever so charming Nina, and go straight to mixing up pancakes after washing my hands.
We have to have everything done in an hour before all the children wake up.
I absolutely love this place up to a point. There's treasures here that make this feel like home, but then there's the torment and sadness that hurt me every day.
Growing up in the Garden of Roses Orphanage was more blessed then growing up on the streets, so I am eternally grateful.

However, when Elias stopped showing up to visit me after my fourteenth birthday party, my whole world darkened. It was like an unspoken shiver ran through the orphanage and I went from an innocent child to a dangerous secret.

That day was the day when my powers began to manifest.
I had no idea that I had magic like the kind Elias would show me as tricks.
He would make butterflies out of light and they would fly around my head and outstretched hands, leaving me dazzled and amazed.
I never understood why Elias didn't take me to live with him if he was a family friend, but he alway told me I was much safer where I was.
When I was young I would just pout and accept his truth without too much of a fuss.

Around six months before my fourteenth birthday, I was sitting out in the garden watching real butterflies flutter around the roses.
Staring at them brought Elias and his laughing face into my mind.
I decided that I would try to show him that I could live with him by trying to show him magic.
Whenever he showed the beautiful spells and tricks to me, my hands always tingled with a phantom need to practice along with him.
I've always been quick to catch on to things, especially when I found it to be obvious.
I knew I was different then and I wanted to prove that I was correct.