Chapter 9: The Infirmary

-Dean POV-

The infirmary is a small room on the younger patient floor above my floor. The layout looks practically the same, except where Meg's room would be is where the infirmary is at.

A nurse with green eyes came in to check out my wounds, Cas stays with me but Hannah and Ketch go back down to the other floor.

The examination was more awkward than the elevator ride up here, after the lady examined by arm she stepped over to the other side of the room to get a sterilized needle and thread to give me stitches.

"Okay, you need 9 stitches, three for each gash. You'll have to come back up here to get them removed in a little while. I'm assuming you know how to take care of then considering you already have stitches," she says, it doesn't sound sarcastic but my brain makes me believe it is.

"Alright.." I mutter, anxious for the needle,

"I'm gonna go grab the numbing serum from the inventory room and numb you up," she starts, setting the needle down onto a tray next to the paper covered bed. "Be right back."

When she steps out of the room Cas turns to me. "I'm sorry, Dean."

"It's fine," I reply, looking down.

"No, I shouldn't... Be angry I should have known... I should have stayed with you, I have no right to be angry-"

"Yes, you do, I'm your patient," I pause to let myself breathe, "You're allowed to be... angry..."

"Can I hug you?" He asks quietly after a few moments if silence.

I turn towards him and furrow my eyebrows, looking around his face, "Uh.. sure?"

Instead of responding he steps forward between my legs and wraps his arms around my shoulders, "I don't want you to hurt yourself." He says lightly in my ear.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay... I understand..." Cas says, pulling back to smile sadly at me. "I just want you to get better,"

That sentence makes me wanna roll my eyes but I smile sadly back and pull my arms away from around his body as the nurse walks in,

Holding a GIANT needle.

"What is that?" I ask, blushing as soon as the question leaves my mouth.

"It's just a light anesthetic agent," she says, setting the needle down.

"Can I do it without?" I ask, my voice shaking. I don't bother looking at Cas', I can tell There's confusion written all over his strikingly handsome face.

"You could but because it's a fresh open wound it'll be rather painful.."

I consider this for a second, regardless of getting numbed there will still be a needle to sew it up..

"Okay... Just.. hurry." I say, tilting my head up at the ceiling.

I faintly feel Cas grab onto my other hand while the nurse pushes the needle lightly into a section of uninjured skin next to one of the cuts.

"Two more to go," she says after pulling out the needle, not commenting on Cas' hand on top of mine.

I'm unable to hold back a groan of annoyance at her words, like two was a small amount.

She giggles at me and pushs the needle into the skin next to a different cut. "After this next one all we gotta do is wait 5 minutes for the numbing to kick in and we can get the stitching started."

I nod and suck in a shakey breath, waiting out the last two shots.

"Alright," she says after doing the last one. "I'll give you a little bit of time to numb and I'll be right back again." She says again before heading back out into the hallway to dispose of the used needle