Chapter Four: Wings

I stuck my tongue out and kept on bolting around the track. Leaving all the other members in my furry dust. I let out a playful howl as I saw Levy cheering me on next to Jake. Jake is the pack trainer, he seems cool and I love his green eyes. He was taller than I am and strongly built.

I stopped in my tracks when I smelt that thing from before. Something wasn't right. Something evil was close by but what was it. I heard a scream and everyone looked up towards a screaming woman holding a dead bunny.

"Wow what the hell happened!" Jake said in shock.

"They took them. They took the kids." the lady cried dropping to her knees.

Jake acted quickly. ''Get the alphas out here now!" he ordered.

The wind hit me in the face and then... 'Mj if you don't go right now those kids will die. Don't let them have the same fate as me...'

"Mom!" Levy looked at me confused as I starred into the woods. I bolted through the bushes knowing that I left everyone in confusion.

"Mj where are you going?" my father mind linked me after about ten minutes into my run.

I ignored him and everyone else who tried to contact me. I needed to run faster. I have to get those kids before. My vision went hazy for a second and back to normal. I was getting dizzy and I tripped over a rock making me roll slamming into... a shed?

I got to my feet and pulled the door opened. "The kids!" Their eyes widen in surprise some even started to cry. Some of the kids I haven't seen some even stained in blood. They all rushed out and hugged me.

I smiled as they all cried into my fur. "It's okay I'm here. It's all okay." I said calming them down.

"I see the angel caught onto us." a dark husky voice blasted throughout the woods but their was no one in sight.

I quickly shifted back and made the kids stay behind of me. "Stay behind of me!" I ordered.

"Do you really think you're going to get all these kids out alive?" the thing said.

"Why don't you let the children go and you fight one on one?"

There was a dark mist appeared in front of us. "Ah you grown up so fast didn't you, Maykala?" he said and I froze.

"How in the hell do you know my name prick?"

He started to laugh. "My lovely, lovely May... I know everything about you. Don't you remember Love? I'm the reason why your mom is dead. Why you're half angel... Why you're mines..."

I stood there frozen as the memory mom my mom being killed flashed back to me. He slowly started to walk up to me and placed his hand on my cheek.

"We can go home now my love-."

"Get your hands off of her you piece of shit!" I heard Duncan and Austin yelled punching the shit out of him.

"Mj are you okay!" Levy shouted pulling me into a hug.

I looked up to see my two mates in their wolf form sneering and growling at...

"Levy get everyone out of here! Jake get my mate home now!" Austin ordered.

"Luna we have to go now." Jake said taking my arm. I looked at Levy who already had the kids going. I nodded and started to run.

"You're not getting away that easily." I heard a voice in my head. I turned around to see something dark going towards Jake...

That same thing killed my mother. "Jake no!" I pushed him aside and I felt something bursting out my back but shortly a agonizing pain.

I dropped to my knees and all I heard was screaming. What? What just happened. I looked to the side and saw my wings. I smiled but I felt something running out my mouth. I wiped it and saw it was blood... My eyes widen and I spit out blood.

"Maykala!"

"No!"

Austin POV

I felt a sharp pain in my chest but when I looked back it got worse. My mate had jump behind of Jake pushing him out of the way. Out of nowhere wings appeared but as I was about to smile something went through her.

My eyes widen in fear as she dropped to her knees. She wiped her mouth but soon after cough a pool of blood falling onto the cold ground. I heard Levy's ear piercing scream and Jake's cry.

"Maykala!" Duncan yelled in pain.

"No!"

I turned towards the bastard ready to rip him apart but he was gone. We both shifted and ran over to her. I picked her up realizing she was unconscious. I stood up with my dying mate in my arms.

"Hurry take her to the pack! I'll make sure everyone gets back home."

I looked at Duncan and nodded before running straight for the pack house. My mate... she has wings... and she's dying. I can't do this now I have to get her to the pack house.

"Please Maykala you can't die now. Not ever! We're suppose to grow old together dammit!"