BONUS CHAPTER (pt. 2)

"Kiss the ring and kick rock sis!" Lina yelled putting finger guns to my head. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her. We were at a small burger place and the song had come on.
She couldn't resist herself.

"So how's work?" I asked her. I had caved and let her get a job finally. But it was only a matter of time before things settled to the surface.

"It's pretty good actually I have a couple of friends, Dave and Emily." I shot her a glance. Don't be jealous, don't be jealous.

"So what are your friends like?" I asked swirling out my milkshake. It's just her friend.
You have her heart.
Calm.
I had to be calm Landon. I had to be the Landon that allowed my Lina to spread her wings and fly.

"They're hilarious, especially Dave." I clenched my jaw and decided to take long sips of my milkshake. Our burgers came out.

"Here you go guys." The waitress said. She looked to be about seventeen. But her attention was on me. I ignored it and looked at my good burger. "Tell me if you nee-"

"So tell me more about you job. What's the office like?" I asked cutting off the waitress. No other woman deserved anymore of my time. Only my little Lina.

"It's fine. But you should've heard this joke Dave told me." I took a deep breath.

"Let's talk about something else. So what do you think about-" she cut me off to talk about Dave once again. I forced myself to not listen. You need to be happy for her, you've limited so much of her. Things are going to change soon. She needs to experience her freedom while she can.

"Landon are you even listening to me?" She exclaimed.

"Yes. Of course babe."

"You never call me babe. Landon."

"I'm sorry. Just some things going through my mind."

"Like what?" She asked eating her asparagus.

"About how much I love you of course." I smiled.

"Oh okay." Then she diverted to the topic of steak. I sighed thanking God for this miracle.

"Evangeline, is that you?" A guy said coming up out of nowhere.

"Oh my god Dave! I was just talking about you." He looked over at me and I could see him gulp. Good be afraid bitch.

"Landon meet Dave, Dave meet Landon."

"I've heard a lot about you Mr.Landon. She never stops talking about you." I grinned.

"All good things." She clarified. "Do you want to sit with us?"

"That would be great. I hope you wouldn't mind." He said to me.

"Please. Join us." I said with gritted teeth. All I wanted was a nice dinner with my girlfriend, now some punk is trying to hit on her. IN FRONT OF ME. Be rational Landon. She loves you, you love her. You TRUST her. But not Dave.

"Landon sweetie you okay?" I nodded she looked down at my hand. I was gripping my knife really tightly.

After dinner

"That was great. I can't believe Dave was there. How cool was that. I laid back on the bed and massaged my skull with my fingertips.
Dave Dave DAVE Dave.

"Can you please for the love of God, stop taking about Dave?" I muttered.

"What's wrong? Are you jealous?" I sighed. Be happy for her.

"Of course not Lina. I'm happy for you." I said getting up. "I'm gonna take a shower. I love you." I said pulling her to me and kissing her forehead. I grabbed some sweatpants and went to the bathroom and turned on the shower water. I stripped of my clothes and let the hot water penetrate me. I close my eyes and let it run over my face. I felt a breeze and I peeped one eye open.

"Landon. I could see the anger flash through your face. You're not very good at hiding emotions." She said. Her body never failed to make both of me happy.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I was totally fine with Dave sitting with us at dinner."

"The way you said his name was enough baby. It's okay. He already asked me out and I told him that I have a boyfriend."

"He what?" I asked frowning. Calm Landon, happy Landon. "So what exactly did he say?" I asked grabbing a wash cloth for her and I.

"That's not important, but that is important is that you, Mr.Landon are improving. I'm proud of you baby."

"I don't know what you're talking about Lina." I said pouring some shampoo in my hand and rubbing it through my shoulder length blonde hair.

"Don't play dumb. The only reason you didn't lash out was because you wanted me to be happy." I could feel my face redden. "I know you felt guilty about the whole job thing. But I'm happy to let you know that I will be quitting soon."

"And why is that?" I asked. I had no problems with having her depend on me for money and I would never use her dependence against her.

"Because I want to start my own business, I realized I don't like working for people."

"Okay, how much do you need to get started?" I asked.

"Fifty thousand dollars. But don't worry. I applied for a loan, and don't even start with you giving me the money bullshit cause I don't want your money Landon Briggs. I've depended on you for too long." I sighed.

"Okay Love." I sighed rinsing our my hair. I was tired. Spiral through spiral through spiral.

"I love you."

"I love you too Lina." I said wrapping my arms around her and hugging her.

"Now let's get you all cleaned up." She said.

That was the opposite of her actions.