Part 6: Ghost Mug

Three hours of Jesse signing papers and writing letters (while Romeo read Lukas' book) passed. Jesse let out a sigh of relief as she signed her last paper and dropped it in the mail slot. She pulled a clock out of her inventory. Jesse glanced at the clock, smiled, and put it away. "Huh. It only took me three hours and five minutes. Not as bad as I thought," Jesse commented. She then turned her head to Romeo. "Are you done with Lukas' book yet?" Jesse asked.

"No, but I'm getting close. I just finished reading Order Up," Romeo answered. Jesse grinned at him playfully.

"I'm a couple chapters into a Portal to Mystery. So what happens in a Portal to Mystery is that I fall into a world with two moons and-" Jesse began.

"I've already told you how much I hate spoilers!" Romeo groaned. Jesse's playful smile became more profound. She stood up, pushed in her desk chair, and sat next to Romeo.

"Yeah, but it's so awesome in a Portal to Mystery when I-" Jesse answered. 

"No spoilers," Romeo insisted. Jesse let out an amused laugh.

"It's fun to tease you," Jesse replied. She took her clock out again, checked the time, and then put the clock back in her inventory. "Okay, so right now it's eight PM and I'm starving. We should get dinner," Jesse quipped.

"How do you know when you need food?" Romeo queried. He instantly realized it was a stupid question. Jesse stared at Romeo, blinked a little, and gave him a confused yet concerned look.

"Uh... well... Oh, you didn't need to eat when you were an Admin... I... Um... You feel hunger pangs, I guess?" Jesse said, her tone befuddled. Hunger pangs? Now Romeo was confused.

"What are hunger pangs?" Romeo asked. Jesse buried her head in her hands and sighed.

"This is gonna be a long night," Jesse mumbled. She lifted her hands from her face. "It's, like, a pain in your stomach that comes from being hungry. Do you know what hunger pangs are now?" Jesse responded. Romeo nodded and laughed weakly.

"Yes, actually. Now I know I'm famished," Romeo answered.

"Great, that makes two of us. Let's go to the kitchen and get something to eat," Jesse agreed. Jesse and Romeo walked to the elevator. Jesse pressed the second floor button, the elevator doors opened, and the two of them stepped inside the elevator. Jesse pressed the second floor button on the inside of the elevator, the elevator lowered, the elevator doors opened, Jesse and Romeo exited the elevator, and the elevator doors closed. Jesse and Romeo strolled to the kitchen, Jesse opened the kitchen door, and they walked inside.

The kitchen had oak wood plank walls, a black and white checkered floor, and a quartz ceiling. An oven, a quartz trash bin, a long counter with a sink installed in it, a refrigerator, a freezer, and three double chests rested against the wall. The long counter had a microwave, a toaster, a lone spoon, and a blender placed on it. In the center of the room was a spruce wood kitchen table surrounded by four spruce wood chairs. Both the table and the chairs were coated in a thin layer of dust.

"I reckon you don't use your table much," Romeo concluded as he examined the dust. Jesse brushed the dust off the table and chairs.

"I never have time. It's either making something simple and eating it on the go, grabbing something that doesn't need to be cooked or prepared and consuming it some point in my busy day, or Radar cooks me something and I rush out the door as I eat it," Jesse replied. She walked up to one of the chests and turned her head to Romeo. "You have any hot chocolate preferences?" Jesse asked. Romeo didn't respond, which caused Jesse's eyes to widen. "Oh my Notch, do you even know what hot chocolate is?" Jesse asked in mock horror. That made a hint of a smile appear on Romeo's face.