Part 14: There's nothing that hurts more than broken hopes.

Jesse walked up to Redstonia's gate with a bit of a skip in her step and knocked on it. "Hey, uh, if you would let us in... that would be great!" Jesse called out. The gates opened and a man with black hair, black eyes, and a bushy mustache walked out of Redstonia. He took a silver remote out of his inventory and pressed a button on it, which caused the gates to close. The man looked very business-like... he wore a dark olive green dress jacket, dark olive green pants, black shoes, an olive green sweater vest, black glasses, and a black tie. He made eye contact with Jesse.

"The amulet girl returns," the man stated. Romeo gave a sniff of disapproval.

"You don't know her name by now?" Romeo asked. To his surprise, the man's serious expression didn't change.

"Of course I know her name, sir," the man responded. He said the word "sir" with obvious contempt... the way most people would say "jerk." Jesse cleared her throat in an attempt to break the tension.

"Ahem. Calvin, we need to get into Redstonia," Jesse piped up. The man- Calvin- nodded.

"Certainly, Miss Evangeline Taber," Calvin replied. Romeo turned his head to Jesse as he held back laughter.

"'Evangeline?' That's your middle name? Sorry. I just... wow, I wasn't expecting..." Romeo chuckled. Jesse placed her hands on her hips and rolled her eyes.

"And I bet yours is so much better," Jesse said sarcastically. Romeo smiled sheepishly.

"It's Benoît," Romeo admitted. Calvin pressed a button on his silver remote and Redstonia's gate opened. Jesse, Lukas, and Romeo strolled into Redstonia. Romeo had never seen Redstonia before, and the sight of it took his breath away. It was a magnificent and beautiful city- with glittering redstone dust sprinkled every here and there- full of innovative and advanced machines. In the center of it all was a large stone dome with turquoise windows that was decorated with redstone lamps and redstone blocks. Wrapped around the dome was stairs that led to the top.

"So, uh... where's Olivia? My guess is that she's in her Dome of Concentration," Lukas stated. Jesse nodded and smiled at him.

"Yep, that's definitely a good place to start. Good call, Lukas!" Jesse replied. Lukas beamed and his cheeks tinted pink. Lukas, Jesse, and Romeo walked up the stairs of the Dome of Concentration- the large stone dome Romeo had seen earlier- to reach Olivia. Once they made it to the top, Jesse opened the door and they stepped into the top floor of the Dome of Concentration. It was a redstone lab surrounded by chests full of materials and the lab also had one hospital bed in its corner. Olivia was using a screwdriver to tinker with a tiny metal device on a lab table. A wrench, a hammer, a hand drill, spare parts, a lump of glittering redstone dust, and a pile of screws rested nearby on the table... ready for use.

Olivia had medium length black hair that she wore down and black eyes. She wore light purple eyeshadow, dark red lipstick, dark gray leggings, light gray boots with black bottoms, and a white bead in her hair on each side of her head. On her head she wore a yellow-green cap and black goggles with clear lenses. Her look was finished off by a red long-sleeved cloak- that went down to her knees- with three gold buttons on each sleeve. The cloak was closed by a single gold button at the top. 

The metal device Olivia was fixing fizzled and sparked, which caused her to yelp and back away from it.

"Yikes. Didn't expect it to do that," Olivia stated. She shook her head and dusted off her hands. Jesse waved her hand wildly to get Olivia's attention.

"Olivia! Hi!" Jesse called out. Olivia lifted her goggles up to her forehead and turned towards Jesse. Olivia looked confused, surprised, and happy at the same time.