Chapter 12

Through Newts eyes

I ran towards the Homestead. The Griever. It was coming. I turned around. (Y/N) was at the back of the group. The Griever was on her tail. It jumped over her, she was underneath the slimy metal creature. Then a wave of adrenaline washed over me. I ran at the Griever as it raised its Stinger at her. My head filled with strange thoughts that seemed too good to be real. I ignored them. I ran towards (Y/N). I couldn't stop myself. It was like something inside me had taken over. I sharply slid underneath the Griever pushing (Y/N) out of the way. Why was she just lying there? The Griever dropped its Stinger into the ground only slightly missing (Y/N). I picked her up off the ground. She opened her beautiful brown eyes. I felt woozy. Those thoughts in my head weren't thoughts, that adrenaline rush wasn't an adrenaline rush, They were memories, memories that told me that if I remembered her I would save her. The Creators, they did this. She looked at me with a confused look. I ignored it and grabbed her arm.

"Come on! Its coming."

I started to run and she followed. I pushed her forward into the Homes stead and slammed the door behind me. I turned to her. Careless of the fact that there was a Griever just outside, careless of the fact that all the Gladers were staring at me.

"I remember," I said.

Before she could answer, I leaned forward. Pressing my lips onto her soft ones. I missed it so much. I felt soft tears trickle down her cheeks onto mine. I placed my right hand under her chin, raising her face to look at me.

"Newt!" she cried.

Before I knew it she raised her hand slapping me across the face.

"Don't ever do that again!" She sobbed.

"I know, I know, baby. I wont. Or at least if someone doesn't try to erase my memories."

"Guys! Can I have your attention please?" Alby interrupted, "we will be staying here for the rest of today, just to be safe. I dont want to risk anyone's safety."

Everyone nodded.

"Does that include sleeping?" I asked.

"The rest of the boys looked at me." Minho rolled his eyes.

"Yes, Newt. But if you would like, you and some others can go upstairs for privacy."

"Cool," I replied.

I needed tonight with (Y/N) alone. I had to make things up to her.

Night rolled in, and I took (Y/N) upstairs to one of the Med Rooms that had a bed. Minho took the other one and some others were also scattered among the top floor.

"I'm so sorry," I tried to avoid eye contact.

"Newt, it wasnt your fault."

"Let me make it up to you."

I pushed her back onto the bed.

"Wait, Newt," I paused, I knew it, she doesn't love me anymore, "This isn't safe."

I looked up in shock.

"Once is ok but I could seriously end up pregnant Newt," she said.

"I know, but who cares. We can have a child if we want."

"Ok Newt, but not for long, ok?" She asked softly.

I threw off my tattered singlet.

"Anything, as long as I can have you."