Chapter 14

I turned around moving the sheets with me. The light streamed through the window. A beautiful Blond haired boy beside me. The love of my life. The one who made life bearable. The boy I would die for.

I slightly got up and leaned over him.

"Baby? What are you doin..." he yawned.

I pressed my lips onto his. How the adrenaline rushed through my body. This boy, he just made me lose control.

"Don't say good morning then."

"That was good morning," I grinned.

"I could get used to this."

"Me too."

I pushed myself up out of bed.

"Come on, I have a job to do and so do you, my handsome Runner," I clipped on a bra.

"Yeah, ok."

We walked hand in hand, the sounds of the trees rustling around us. Others were up and walking around too, getting ready for the day. Newt opened the door and let me in before him.

"Hey, Fry!" I smiled.

"Hey, (Y/N). Newt. Nice to see you two together again. She was really depressing without you, thank the lords you're fixed."

"Haha," Newt clapped sarcastically.

I chatted with the Runners as I moved swiftly around the tables and chairs to serve breakfast.

Newt and Minho stood at the door as the other Runners started to leave. I walked up to them. I hugged Minho, before moving to the left to kiss Newt.

"Be careful, the both of you. I don't know what Id do if I lost either of you," tears started to fill my eyes.

Newt wrapped his arms around me, and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Baby, I'd do anything to make sure you're happy. And if me being with you makes you happy, then I'll come back. I promise."

I hugged him tightly before letting go. He and Minho waved and started off to the east door. I dried the dishes and packed them away, but I had a sick feeling in my stomach. I immediately regretted eating so many slices of toast and jam.

"Hey, Fry," I said, I'm not feeling well, "is it ok if I leave a little early?"

"Yeah, sure. Rest up."

I tried to answer but stomach cramps prevented that. I simply just waved and walked out. I managed to make it back to The room that Newt and I shared, or what used to be my room. I held things in my way as I made my way around to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked horrible. My face was a pale as snow. I dropped to the floor. I put my head above the toilet, and let out my breakfast. I kept vomiting and vomiting. I felt faint with every second that passed. I needed Newt. If only he was here. I took myself to the bedroom, grabbing a bucket before dropping onto the bed. Why did I feel sick? What was in the toast? Why did I have stomach cramps? Before I knew it I fell asleep from all of the effort of vomiting.

"Hey, wake up, baby."

I opened my eyes and Newt sat beside me.

"I came back early today because a new Greenie is meant to come up and Frypan told me you weren't feeling well. Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just had a sore stomach, probably just my food."

"Oh, thank God for that," he kissed my forehead.

I smiled. A loud alarm went off.

"What was that?"

"Greenie," Newt said.

He reached for my waist pulling me up and out of bed.

"Come on, let's go see who it is."

We walked toward the box. It was so hard to believe I came up in it only a month ago. Gally jumped down into the box. A scared boy sat in the corner.

"Hey, man. My name's Gally. We don't want to hurt you. Can I help you out of the box?" Gally said.

He took Gally's hand and helped him up, out of the box. He stood as far back from the others as he could. His head hung low. I let go of Newt's hand and made my way towards him.

"Hey, its ok," I smiled.

"Where am I? Who are you? Why am I here? Why can't I remember anything?" He sobbed.

"Well you're in the Glade, we don't know why were here and don't worry, no one can remember anything but their name."

"Ok," he sighed, "my name is Clint."

"Hi, Clint," Newt came up from behind me, "my name's Newt and this, if the only girl here, (Y/N).

"Yeah but don't go hitting on her, she's taken by this ugly shank," Minho joked pointing at Newt.

"Ok," Clint said.

Alby walked out to the front.

"Yo, Jeff, come here. You're the tour guide this time."

A large groan came from the short dark-skinned boy.

"Ok, whatever."

"Everyone else, get back to work."

Slowly the group parted in their own ways. I tried to move but the stomach cramps came back. I started to fall down.

"New..." I cried.

He caught me in less than a blink of an eye and raised me back onto my feet. I squeezed my eyes shut to try and ease the pain. Pain shot throughout my body. I screamed. Some boys around the Glade started to look at me. Newt pulled me into his chest. The pain was agonising. It started to ease and I felt better by the second. I stood up with my own strength this time.

"Are you ok?" Newt said his voice shaky.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied, trying to force a steady smile.

"Come on, you need to rest up more so that you don't scare me like that again."

I nodded. I tried to step forward but almost toppled over before Newt caught me once again.

"Come on," he said, "I'll carry you."

He held me in his hands like a groom would carry his wife after a wedding and walked towards the rooms. He lay me on the bed. I felt so cold. He covered me in the duvet covers and lay beside me.

"Go to sleep, I'll be right beside you," he said.

I closed my eyes drifting off to sleep, Newts arms wrapped around my waist.