Chapter four

I begin to take large gulps of air because I feel as if my lungs are burning. I get on all fours and look at the ground.

I watch drool,sweat and possibly even tears fall from my face onto the cement floor. My face has gone numb and my fingers are tingling. Everything was beginning to get blurry.

"That's enough" I hear a male voice say.

The horrible pain I felt was now gone. However the aftermath is still quite bad.

I begin to sit back up so my hands and face can come back to life. Everything was slowly beginning to become more clear.

I saw Kei sobbing in his chair with people surrounding him again.

I was about to try to teleport again but I heard the male voice.

"Now now, would you want the pain to come back again? I can easily make it happen" he said.

I open my mouth to speak but then close it after realizing I shouldn't argue. Lives are at stake.

"That's what I thought" he said.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, my voice hoarse and shaky from the pain I felt earlier.

"Don't take this personally sweetheart. It's just... you and your little friends hurt my boss. So now I thought, why not hurt you?" He said with ease.

"Why me? Why him?! He's just a kid!!!" I yelled.

"Well there's nothing that hurts more... than a heartbreak" I could hear the smirk in the mans voice.

I begin to angrily pant.

"Come out where I can see you!! You bastard!!!" I screamed.

I saw a tall shadow walk behind Kei. The man stood above him and all I saw was bright yellow eyes and a plague doctor mask.

"It's one of those bastards..." I muttered to myself.

Suddenly a loud crash echoed throughout the building. Everyone stopped including the man.

More crashes echoed, seemingly getting closer and closer.

"It's him!!" I heard a lighter male voice scream over the intercom.

The man grabbed the chair Kei was in and disappeared.

"KEI!!!" I yelled.

Suddenly the room was filled with dust and dry wall after a crash was heard. I begin coughing and closing my eyes to avoid getting anything in them.

After I was sure the dust cleared I saw my dad and a few other heroes. He was in his buff form, he spotted me and glared.

"I thought we told you to wait" he said angrily before ripping the cage open to let me out.

"You know how impatient I am" I said walking into the center of the room.

My dad held his finger up to his ear. I assume there is an earbud with other heroes on the line.

"The villain has left the building" he says.

I immediately spread my wings and fly to the top of the building. I get to the roof and look down at the busy street.

People are screaming and running. I noticed a tall man running with Kei in his arms.

I glare as he jumps in the back of a van. I instantly jump off the side of the building and dip my wings to gain speed.

The van begins speeding off. I fly down and chase after it. I notice police cars and heroes below me, chasing the van as well.

I get closer and closer to the van before the back doors bust open. A different man whips out a huge mini gun.

My eyes widen as he points it at me. It begins to rotate.

I used my teleportation to get out of the ways of the bullets. I teleported on top of one of the police cars.

I watched the man struggle with the gun but managed to point it at me again. The bullets still rapidly firing out of the gun.

I teleported on a different car and before he could point it at me again, my father landed on top of the van.

The van began to skid with a huge dent now on top of it. I launch myself off of the car and towards the van. I spread my wings so I wouldn't fall due to gravity.

I land inside the van. My back slams against the wall in the front of the back of the van. I immediately regain my balance.

A dude launches at me and I immediately punch him in the face knocking him out.

I look around and immediately find Kei ties up on the floor.. I wrap my arms around him. A couple of dudes try to get to him but I wrap my wings around both of us.

Suddenly the van flips over causing all of us to fall over. Our bodies continue to hit the side of the van as it rolls. I did all that I could to protect Kei.

I heard his muffled screams as we whipped back and forth. Eventually the van stopped rolling and I knew that we should get out of the van immediately.

The gasoline could have spread from the tank and a fire could stop any second. I held Kei tightly and teleport out of the van. I ignored the possible men that wanted to kill me.

The van behind us exploded and I covered us with my wings. Hot pieces of metal hit my wings but I didn't care.

I was busy trying to untangle Kei from all of these ropes. I eventually got all of the ropes off and the cloth covering his mouth.

"Oh my god Kei, I'm so happy you're alright" I began crying as I held him close to my body.

Suddenly the small boy in my arms was suddenly gone. I look around in shock and confusion.

"Looking for someone?!" I heard a familiar male voice yell.

I stand up and look behind me. I noticed the same male who threatened me was holding Kei in his arms. Kei looked... so scared.

"Let him go!!" I was about to teleport to him before the man pulled something shiny out of his pocket.

I paused and my breath hitched.

The man slowly raised a gun to Keis head.

"Don't come any closer" he said threatening.

The police cars and hero's that were behind us skid to a stop behind me. They notice the issue at hand.

My dad landed next to me and was about to attack before he too realized the problem.

"Put the gun down!!" Police shouted at the villain.

"You heroes ruined my life! I was living happily working for my boss Overhaul but you just had to stop something that was going to be great didn't you?!" The man screamed.

Kei began to sob.

"We can talk about this! Just put the kid down!!" Heroes began to yell.

"You took so much from me.. now I need to take something from you" The man put the gun closer to Kei's head. He pulled down the hammer on the gun.

Police officers begin to pull out their weapons as well.

"This is your last chance!!! Put the gun down!!" They yell.

I stood still in shock and fear. Kei's big terrified eyes stared into mine.

I begin to sob.

"Kei, baby. I'm so sorry" I say in the silence.