Chapter five

Edited

The only sound that filled the street was the fire crackling from the van that crashed. Everyone stood at ease at the sight of the armed villain.

A loud noise distracted the villain causing a police officer to take action. The officer shot the villain in the head.

However I heard two gun shots. I notice a large red stain in Kei's shirt as the villain falls.

My heart drops and my breath hitches.

My entire body went cold and my thoughts cleared my mind.

I immediately run over to Kei. I skid to my knees and pick up his small body. The stain began to grow.

"Hey hey hey. Don't you dare die on me" I said.

Kei looked up at me and smiled.

"It's okay (N/N)" he said softly.

Tears began to violently fall from my eyes. My throat stung.

"I'm so sorry baby" I said.

"Thank you for coming for me" He said.

"It's okay! We'll get you help!" I said as I was about to take him to the hospital.

I felt a large hand on my shoulder. I look up at the blurry image of my father.

"He won't make it...  even if we teleported" I heard my father say sadly looking at how much blood he was losing.

I look back down at Kei and couldn't stop myself from hiccuping and gasping.

"I'm so- so sorry I couldn't save you. Please, you ca-can't leave me. You're all I-I have left" I said sobbing.

I felt his small hand wrap around my index and middle finger.

"I love you (N/N)" he said weakly.

I rest my forehead on his and close my eyes.

"I love you too Kei" I whispered.

I felt his grip on my fingers loosen. I immediately open my eyes.

"no. No no no. NO NO NO!!!!!" I began to yell as I shake him slightly.

His lifeless eyes stare into the sky.

I take a deep shaky breath before screaming at the top of my lungs.

I couldn't feel anything....

My lungs felt like they were collapsing on me...

'I love you (N/N)'

I couldn't regain my breath. I began hyperventilating.

"(L/N)! Stop!! She's having a panic attack!!" My fathers voice yells.

Everything begin to get dark. I got a glimpse of my baby brothers soft sleeping face before everything went black.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

My eyes jolt open. I take a large gulp of air. I regulate my breathing and look around.

I'm in a hospital bed.

'Why am I in the hospital?'

I try to sit up but wince from a sudden pain in my back. I look at my wings and notice burn marks. I softly sit up and lean against the pillow.

My breath hitches as I remember everything that happened that night.

'I love you (N/N)'

"No no no" I repeat to myself.

I felt tears starting to escape my eyes.

"(Y/N)?" I heard my father say softly.

I look up and see him in the doorway.

I hiccup with tears running down my face.

"P-Please tell m-me it isn't t-true!!" I yell.

Toshi just looked down sadly.

My throat began to burn. I began to hyperventilate again. I tried to take a deep breath but I keep hiccuping. I held my head in my hands and l look down.

My eyes were blurry from the tears.

"P-P-Please t-tell me it w-was just a dream!!" I said hiccuping and gasping for air.

"(Y/N)! Please calm down! You're going to pass out!!" My dad said running to me.

I grip my fingers into my hair. My fingertips and nails dig into my scalp.

All of a sudden I felt my hands get ripped off my head and someone held my body close to theirs. I calmed down slightly and caught a scent of burnt caramel.

I wrap my arms around the muscular boy as he crawls above me. I put my head into his shoulder as I continue crying.

My tears stained his shirt but I hope he wouldn't mind.

I hiccup a lot as he pets my hair slightly.

"It's alright, I'm here. Just take deep breaths, you'll pass out you idiot" I hear his scratchy voice say softly.

I take deep extremely shaky breaths.

Sleep soon consumed me again...