I

Four years.

It had been four years since the Pevensies and Avelyn came to Narnia.

Once the white witch had been defeated, they were all crowned as high Kings and Queens of Narnia

"To the glistening eastern sea" Aslan smiled "I give you, Queen Lucy, the valiant"

"To the great western woods" the lion spoke, his mane gleaming in the sunlight "I give you, King Edmund, the just"

"To the celestial Alambil and Tarva" Aslan beamed proudly "I give you, Queen Avelyn, the perspicacious"

"To the radiant southern sun" he smiled ever so slightly "I give you, Queen Susan, the gentle"

"And to clear Northern sky, I give you, king Peter, the magnificent"

The children, now Kings and Queens, took their places on the thrones.

"Once a king and queen of Narnia, always a king and queen of Narnia" Aslan spoke "may your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens"

The entire gathering at Cair Paravel, including Aslan, began to chant:

'Long live king Peter!
Long live queen Susan!
Long live queen Avelyn!
Long live king Edmund
Long love queen Lucy!'

Even though it had been four years, and Edmund had matured since he'd fist come here, his cocky attitude toward Avelyn never changed.

Yes, he was a hundred times more polite toward his siblings but not quite the same toward the Aves.

Avelyn or Aves, as the Pevensies called her, had come out of her shell of shyness.

She knew wouldn't make a good queen if she shied away from people. She eventually became a bit more outgoing, confident and a lot more sarcastic.

Her bond with the Pevensie children had indeed grown strong, with the exception of Edmund.

Sort of.

The two argued like an old married couple and it was just impossible for them to not say something sarcastic at the other.

The siblings knew that the two teenagers didn't genuinely hate each other. They just found some sort of weird pleasure in annoying the other.

The two however, never let this get in between of their duties as royals.

They knew where to draw the line, thankfully.

_______

"Avelyn?"

The girl groaned as she shoved a pillow on top of her face.

"You need to wake up"

All the girl did was groan again, rather too dramatically this time.

"If you don't wake up, we will use your pillow as our chew toy!"

This was enough to make the young queen open her eyes. She stretched as she sat up, giving a look to her friends:

Asher, a snow leapord and
Talon, a black wolf.

"Don't me give that look" Talon snapped, trodding around the bed "how much do you sleep?"

"Apparently not enough" Avelyn mumbled over her shoulder as she headed toward where her bath was prepared. After about 10 minutes or so, she stepped out and walked behind the screen to change into her gown.

She had a silvery- grey dress chosen before hand, that she slipped on. She walked over to her mirror, taming her brown hair.

Once she looked presentable, she gently picked up her rose gold crown, perched on a silk cushion beside her bed and placed it upon her head.

"Do I look-"

"Beautiful" Asher cut in, smiling.

Avelyn blushed. She always did if someone called her beautiful, which wasn't something that happened often.

The girl scratched the leapord behind his ear, knowing that he liked it.

"I hate to interrupt" Talon said hotly "but I don't think it would be polite for the queen to turn up late to breakfast"

"Right" Aves straightened her dress as she opened her door "shall we?"

She let Asher and Talon walk before her. Both carried themselves proudly, heads held high.

They made their way down to breakfast, where the other royals were already present.

"Good morning" Susan smiled brightly.

"Morning" Avelyn smiled back before she turned to take a seat.

Much to her dismay, the only one left was at Edmund's right.

Mentally cursing, she walked elegantly, carrying that similar sort of poise that Susan had.

"Hello Ed" she greeted, not actually looking at him. They didn't get along, but that didn't stop the young queen from being polite.

"Overslept again I see" he grinned "haven't been acting like a queen lately, have we?"

"Good morning to you too" Avelyn rolled her eyes.

"Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a brain back there"

"Unlike you, you'd just find an empty void"

"Stop it will you?" Peter sighed, trying to hide his smile. As much as he wished they'd stop their bickering, Peter couldn't deny that he found it rather amusing. Almost comical.

The two gave each other a sideway glance as if to say 'this isn't over'

"Will you both ever get along?" Susan asked, taking a bite of her toast.

"You both would make a great king and queen" Lucy chuckled, Peter joining in.

"We are king and queen" Edmund pointed out, taking a swig of his orange juice.

"That's not what I meant" the girl smiled, as she pointed to her ring finger and smirked at the two.

Avelyn almost choked on her toast and Edmund nearly coughed up the juice he'd been drinking.

"In which parallel universe would we get married, Lu?" Avelyn gasped with amusement.

"I'd take a pig over her" Edmund muttered, not looking up.

"Because only a pig would find you attractive enough to marry" Avelyn shot back as she sipped her tea.

Susan laughed lightly at their antics.

"You don't marry someone for their looks" Edmund snapped, looking at her.

"Oh dear" Aves pouted sadly as he gently pinched his cheek "then I suppose even that old pig wouldn't have you. You'll live your life all alone"

Edmund flinched away from her, earning a hearty laugh from everyone, including Talon and Asher.

"Imagine what a jolly lot you both would be" Lucy mumbled ever so softly "if you were actually friends"