XI

The two teenagers saw Peter, Susan and Lucy present at the foot of the stairs of the castle along with the wolves, Tummus, Asher and few centaurs.

The moment they saw Edmund and Avelyn, the wolves ran toward them, Asher leading the pack.

"Where were you both!" The leapord scolded

"we were worried sick" Talon added.

"We thought that old beast got you both" another Wolf informed.

Lucy ran upto them and hugged the two "don't ever run off like that!"

Peter walked down the steps, he eyed the two sternly "when are you going to learn to do what your told"

He broke into a small smile before engulfing both into a hug.

Susan joined in too before breaking away to examine them. They were dirty and there were blotches of blood on their shirts.

"Went looking for him didn't you?" She questioned "did you hurt yourself?"

"Not physically no" Edmund muttered "but we found it"

"You got his location?" Peter sounded surprised "I thought it'd be hard to find. Glad you made it back without him harming you"

"Oh yes" Avelyn mumbled "didn't harm us at all"

"I say we should head out now" Lucy turned to Peter.

"What for?" Edmund asked.

"To kill it Of course!" Peter exclaimed "can you tell us where you found him?"

"You won't find him now" Avelyn smirked.

"Why not?" Susan asked, confused "did he get away?"

"He's dead" Edmund clarified, looking proudly at Avelyn "She killed him"

____

Edmund's happiness was short lived. His smile and his will to live disappeared the moment Susan announced that she'd be throwing another one of her balls tonight.

She'd obviously invited Lord Frain and William along with a bunch of other people.

Edmund stood in the corner, sipping his wine. He just hoped he could go back to his chambers but being a king, that wasn't an option.

He spotted Avelyn beside William, as expected. His grip on his chalice tightened as he saw her laugh at something he said. He hated how he could make her laugh like that.

Now that he had his whole 'I'm afraid to love' thing out if the way, he was not at all trying to hide his jealousy. He clenched his jaw and by Aslan's roar, if that chalice was made of glass,  his grip would have shattered it by now.

He gulped down the rest if his wine before he walked over to the pair.

"William!" He greeted,throwing in a smile "do you mind if I steal Avelyn? I haven't had a chance to talk to her all evening"

"Oh by all means your grace" the young man bowed before he smiled at Avelyn as he walked off.

Edmund held out his hand which the girl took, letting him escort her to where ever he'd planned to.

As suspected, it was the balcony.

"How is it that we always end up here" Avelyn sighed as she smirked.

"I suppose I love this place far too much" Edmund smiled before looking out in front of him "thank you, for earlier in the woods"

"That," the girl looked at her hands "well, I just did what I had to do at that time"

The two remembered their night during after the coronation. It felt as if they were reliving the entire thing.

"About William though" Edmund changed the subject "you seem to grow rather fond of him"

"Edmund," Avelyn's tone started to get a bit stern "I don't know what you think but do certainly seem to be j-"

"Jealous?" The king raised a brow "yes, I am. I am jealous that you run after him"

The girl seemed stunned for a minute. Did Edmund just admit he was jealous?

"Why would I waste s second running after him?" Avelyn turned to face him "when I have you"

Edmund's heart started to beat faster.

"What?" He forced back a smile.

"Dear old king Edmund" Avelyn beamed at Ed as she put her arms around his neck "The King who's wise and just in his judgements. Who's brave and bold. And yet somehow, when he's around Queen Avelyn, he manages to be an arse and a stupid one at that"

Edmund chuckled. His head bending down as his dark bangs swept against his forehead only for Avelyn to push them back.

"And her majesty, Queen Avelyn," Edmund started to imitate her "who is so calm, composed somehow manages to loose her temper around me and let it slip that she's in love with a certain arse"

Avelyn rolled her eyes before she yelped as the young king pulled her closer.

"I wonder," Edmund traced his lips along her's "who could be that lad? Is it the same arse you just mentioned?"

Avelyn laughed lightly as Edmund carefully lingered his lips along the edge of hers to her jaw.

The boy planted a soft kiss on her neck which caught her by surprise resulting in her gently fisting the collar of his tunic, making him chuckle.

Edmund inched closer, his nose touching hers, lips brushing each others.

"What did you just say yesterday while we fought?" He smirked as he felt her toying with his hair at the nape of his neck.

"You heard me" Avelyn softly responded "don't make me say it again"

The boy chuckled, realising she'd quoted him from 4 years ago.

"Oh, I'll make you say it again" he smirked, pulling her small frame closer.

He leaned forward, his eyes fluttering shut as he placed his lips against hers.

Avelyn ran her fingers through hid hair as she tilted her head slightly. She felt her knees grow weak and was grateful that Edmund was holding onto her or she'd be on the floor.

Edmund chuckled into the kiss when he heard Avelyn hum as she ran her fingers through his brown locks, tugging them making him moan.

He tightened his grip around her waist before he tilted his head to deepen the kiss.

None of them wanted it to end, but they were both running out of breath. Avelyn was the first to pull away.

"So?" Edmund wispered, making sure his lips ran over hers "what did you say, Avelyn?"

"I love you Edmund"

"And I love you, Avelyn"