VII

"Are you sure you don't want to join us?" Susan asked Avelyn.

The high queen had arranged for a picnic with the Archlanders and Avelyn, refused to come.

She'd stayed up star gazing, making notes of the constellations to study them later.

"Yes I'm sure Susan," the girl replied, tapping the pencil lightly against her lips and flipping through the pages of some old book "I have to finish studying these-"

"What is it with you and the stars?" Edmund narrowed his eyes "you seem to do this every second day"

"I am queen of the celestial bodies" Avelyn replied as a matter of factly "the stars are mine to explore as are the Western Woods yours to look after"

The king raised his hands up, shrugging as if to surrender his little argument. Ed was slightly relieved that she wasn't accompanying them. That meant he didn't have to keep an eye on her and William.

"If you do finish studying.." Peter trailed off, trying to figure out her drawings "..whatever this is, join us will you?"

"Yes I will, Pete"

"I'll see you later" Lucy waved as she offered her a smile and left.

"Did you get anything?" Tummus asked Avelyn as he placed a stack of books beside her "these books ought to help"

"Thank you Tummus" She smiled sweetly "and no, I haven't quiet understood this yet"

The girl flipped through one of the pages of the book Tummus gave her.

Why couldn't she figure out this constellation?

She'd looked through almost all books on the ancient legends or gods. She had even turned to her old notes. She'd read books on previously discovered constellations of the star signs and the good spirits.

"Wait," she squinted, turning to Tummus "are you sure we've read all the books?"

The faun looked behind his shoulder.

"There is one I suppose we didn't go through. It's an old one" he informed "but they aren't really discoveries, they're just mere stories and myths. The star alignments in that book might not even be true"

"Which book is it?"

"Something about the dark spirits" Tummus walked over to the shelf which housed the book "I didn't think we'd have to use it for this"

Avelyn looked at the book he brought to her. It had a black leather covered which was now pealing off. The pages were a bit old.

The girl sat down, the faun doing the same. She opened the index.

There were names and mentions of many unfriendly spirits and beings.

The girl read each page carefully, wanting to to figure out her last night's discovery.

Her eyes landed on this one chapter titled 'Agramon'

She began to read,

Agramon, the demon of fear.

Ancient stories describe this being as someone who takes form of your worst fear. No one truly has seen him in his true form. The demon uses your fears against you, tortures you and eventually it drives the victim insane causing death.

The spirit awakens every 113 years, when the southern star in aligned with the north eastern star alongside the 6 other stars which form a constellation called 'Timore'

Avelyn explained to Tummus that 'Timore' meant 'Terror' in Latin.

The girl quickly brought her notes from the previous night and placed it beside the picture in the book to compare it, just like she did for all the other chapters.

"I don't really think this book helps either" Tummus chuckled nervously.

He wasn't too happy about the discover of this demon. And he most certainly didn't like the idea of this being related to the stars Avelyn gazed at yesterday.

The thought of having this creature roaming in Narnia sent chills down the faun's spine.

Avelyn took one glance at her drawing before standing up abruptly, almost knocking down her chair.

"What is it?" The faun asked as he watched her rush over to the window.

"I need to speak with the Pevensies" she said hastily as she looked over to the gardens where they were at.

"Well you can't call out to them from here" Tummus laughed.

"I'll go fetch them" Ashed offered as he ran out the door.

"What is it?" Tummus asked, looking at her disturbed expression.

"Agramon" she said gravely "it's him, he's returned"