He Wants To Know.

Do hot springs heal emotional wounds?

Palutena didn't even bother to take her dress off: there were other things plaguing her mind.

"...Lady Palutena?"

Pit's footsteps barely echoed as he let himself in the hot spring. He tossed his main tunic aside, kicked off his sandals, and sat down with only his feet in the hot spring.

"Listen...I'm really sorry I made you cry like that. Guess dumb ol' Pit doesn't know any better, huh?" He let out a fake chuckle.

Oh, Pit. It was never your fault, Palutena's voice echoed in his brain. They were right next to each other, why use telepathy?

Do you wanna talk about it? Pit somehow got the idea that his goddess didn't want to talk out loud.

Palutena got herself up and out of the hot spring.

"Please," the young angel stopped his goddess, "why is this making you so depressed?"

Dead silence soon followed.

"You really wanna know?" Lady Palutena sighed.

Pit wrapped his arms around her.

"When I tell you what's eating me, I feel better."

Lady Palutena sat down right where she stood.

"It's about the other captain of my guard," she heavily sighed, "the one right before you-"

"What about him?"

"Well, she was one of the spunkiest angels I've ever met! And it shows in you, too..."

Pit cocked his head.

"Oh, Pit..." the goddess's stomach ached as she tried to finish that sentence.

"My last captain was your mother."