Are we there yet?

"Kai, Do you actually know the way to the Northern Air Temple?" Jinora asked, staring down at the valleys in-between the peaks of the Huan Mountain Range. At least she thought it was the Huan Mountain Range.

Lefty flew between the vast summits of grey stone, covered in a thin sheet of grass. The valleys below were lush and divided by a raging river running, snaking its way through the countryside. They had no sign of civilisation for the past hour or so. No chance of asking someone for directions.

Kai turned back toward Jinora and nonchalantly replied "Of course I do. I have done this trip before. I know where I am going." He pointed down to a nearby cliff in the shape of a crescent. "See that's... Banana Pass, and that must be Zhang River." Kai said unconvincingly.

Jinora looked puzzled and stated, "I thought that was Crescent Moon Mountain, making that Rarent River. That means we must be heading south-east instead of north-east." She craned over the edge of Lefty's saddle for a better view of the terrain.

Kai stammered for a second but then responded, "Well that was appa-Rarent to everyone!"

Jinora giggled. "Wow, that was something ... special."

"I got this," Kai replied, turning his attention back to the reigns.

Jinora was not convinced and reached around in her bag for the map. "Do you want me to bring the map over there?"

"Are you kidding me? I am like the master of directions, this is actually a shortcut." Kai retorted proudly. Jinora walked over and sat down next to him, placing the light brown parchment between them. Jinora looked up at the sun, shining a warm glow through the cool breeze. She leaned over putting her head on Kai's shoulder. Kai's gaze went back and forth between the map and the scenery. He pulled on the reigns; Lefty roared in recognition and changed course. The skies were peaceful and serene. The gentle breeze rolled through the valleys and up the mountains, shaking the countless leaves in wave-like motions.

"I was wondering, how are we going to find this 'secret sanctum'? We didn't know it existed until just now." Kai asked.

Jinora sat up and replied, "The acolytes in the Eastern Air Temple found an old manuscript which spoke of this secret sanctum, my father believes it stores precious air-bending texts. We need to save this priceless information, or else it will be lost."

"That's why you are so eager for this mission, to get some new books," Kai smirked

"Hey, that's not the only reason. I also get to spend time with my favourite person?" She objected.

Kai looked around. "Really, where is he? Are we going to meet him there." Kai joked. Jinora kissed him on the cheek.

"You must think you are the funniest person ever."

"I wish Tenzin thought so too

"He likes you fine, he's just a tad protective. He did allow you to come on this mission." Jinora deflected

"I didn't expect that at all. I was expecting a mission that would involve me sitting patiently on a mountaintop for the rest of my teen years."

"You are an amazing air-bender, definitely in the top five. After Dad, Korra and myself, there you are." Jinora said

"Oof, listing it like that doesn't help." Kai laughed. "Did he give you a weird prep talk before we left?"

Jinora blushed, sheepishly replying, "How did you know?"

"Well, I am a master mindreader. How else did you think I learned any air-bending without paying attention?" Kai confidently retorted. Jinora smiled and looked him in the eyes.