29

taeyong stood in the line of a small coffee shop. he had been there for a little bit, and was waiting for his and jaehyun's drinks.

the latter was currently having a photo shoot a couple of stores down, and it took a lot of convincing to let taeyong go alone.

either way, here was the lean male, finally going up to the cashier ready to order his drink.

once there, taeyong stared at the cashier with a confused face, tilting his head to the side.

the cashier looked extremely familiar to one of his friends, but instead, in the name tag it read taemin.

"hey, are you gonna order anything or are you just stand there, little boy?"

the taemin guy asked with a chuckle, raising his eyebrow.

"oh, sorry. you look a lot like my friend jungwoo and it weirded me out for a moment,"

"oh, kim jungwoo? i'm his brother,"

taeyong nodded, smiling slightly.

"ah! i'm lee taeyong, his best friend,"

taemin nodded, recognizing the name.

"but hey, as much as i love chatting, we should really hurry up. the line is getting longer,"

"oh yeah, yeah of course,"

taeyong chuckled, finally ordering his two drinks and paying. he received them shortly and picked them up, walking out of the cafe with a small smile.

on his way out, a lady rushed behind him and tapped his shoulder.

"excuse me, mr. lee, you left your wallet on the counter,"

taeyong turned around, nodding his head slightly as he retrieved it.

"oh! thank you, ms?"

"it's park sooyoung, and don't sweat it,"

she smiled, turning around before continuing on her way back.

taeyong stood there confused. it was odd, he clearly remembers putting wallet in this back pocket before leaving.

either way, he turned around, continuing his walk back.

when he only need a couple more steps to reach the door of the building they were having the photo shoot, another girl stood in front of him.

"ah, i'm sorry mister. but can you please tell me how to get to the mall?"

taeyong blinked slightly before nodding his head.

"ah yeah, just continue straight and then turn right,"

"thank you so much, mr. lee! i'm kim jennie by the way, bye!"

taeyong bowed to say goodbye as the girl ran back. he turned to open the door to the building, and finally the realization seeped through.

he never told the girl his name.

and then, the world suddenly turned black.