The Emerald Forest, Pt 1

The transport deposited Ruby and the other students on a huge cliff overlooking a forest. Ruby had to admit, the view was gorgeous. But that didn't stop her from glaring at Yang, who was clinging to Caleb's arm like a puppy.

"Ugh", Ruby thought, "will those two ever calm down?"

They got to the cliffside, and stood on the metal panels, Ruby next to Yang, and Caleb on the opposite side. Yang kissed Caleb's cheek, and then smiled at Ruby, the sly smile she gave when she was messing with her little sister.

Ruby gave a distressed sigh and ignored Yang and Caleb, and started listening to Ozpin and Goodwitch. They explained that there were relics in the forest and that the students had to retrieve these relics. The task sounded easy enough, but then again, the forest was filled with Grimm.

Ruby didn't care. She loved a good challenge, in combat and romance. She didn't know it yet, but yet another new person was about come crashing into perspective. Literally.

Either way, Ruby didn't want to lose. As Ozpin and Goodwitch finished their rundown of the exercise, the metal pads began to launch the students into the skies over the forest. Suddenly, Ruby was flung into the air, and for a moment, it was a serene, peaceful feeling. Then she realized she was falling.

Ruby looked over to see Yang and Caleb flying through the air. Ruby wanted to throw up in her mouth when she saw them like that, laughing and smiling and holding hands. Either way, she still had a task at hand. Landing. With a tree in sight, she shot forward, hooking her Cresent Rose on it and spinning down the tree. As she landed with a soft thud, she sighed, her massive red-and-black scythe folding back up.

She glanced at her surroundings, not sure where she was, but one thing was clear: She had to find someone.