The Emerald Forest, Pt 2

Ruby wandered the forest, unable to find anyone or anything except trees, plants...and Grimm. A whole bunch.

"Ursa? Why is it always Ursa?", Ruby complained.

She sighed, and with some gunshots and a few swift slices of her blade, the pack of Grimm were done for. Ruby turned and kept walking. A loud booming sound blasted through the previously quiet forest, and Ruby could see a large amount of debris rocket into the air.

She stopped for a moment, and wondered what could have possibly made such a loud noise like that. She shook her head and cleared her thoughts, and decided to go scope out the scene.

Ruby folded up Cresent Rose and took off running into the direction of the noise, eager to find out the answer. She didn't have to run far until she saw a break in the treeline, and made a quick stop to keep herself from falling in the crater that had appeared in her path.

Unfortunately for Ruby, her two current least favorite people were laying in the center, laughing and grinning.

Caleb and Yang.

Ruby grumbled and turned around, but Yang called out to her before she could escape.

"Ruby! Hey! Come join us in this huuuuuge crater Caleb made!"

Ruby turned back and yelled angrily.

"Well I don't wanna! You two can just leave me alone right now!"

Ruby could make out Yang's trademark pouty face, even from that distance. She sighed and reluctantly hopped off the ledge, and slid down the side of the crater, down to Yang and Caleb.

They stood and smiled at Ruby, but that moment was quickly interuppted by thundering roar in the distance. Sure enough, trouble was headed their way.