.0001

.0001

"Some people are just beautifully wrapped boxes of shit"

•———————•——————•——————•

Eleanor stepped off the plane. Her sunglasses on and her bag in her hand. Her flight from France to Virginia was only 7 hours. She sat in first class, curtesy of her best friend having his father owning the airline.

She made it into the airport and headed to baggage claim. After claiming her bag, she made her way outside to find her ride.

Eleanor lifted her sunglasses on to the top of her head, her eyes squinting at the sudden exposure to sunlight. Her hazel eyes searched for her ride. Her eyes finally landed upon the red BMW. She put her sunglasses back on and made her way over. The driver opened the door and a perky blonde popped out.

"Eleanor!" Exclaimed Caroline, Eleanor's one true friend she secretly kept in contact with. "I have missed you."

Caroline enveloped Eleanor in her famous bear hug. Eleanor smiled at her childhood best friend. "I missed you too Care."

The girls dropped their arms. "Here give me your bag, I'll throw it in the trunk and we will get you home!" Caroline said, very enthusiastically. Eleanor smiled at her, and rolled her the suitcase. She held on to her bag that she got as a gift from an academy friend. Dang, she already missed them.

They made their way into the car, after Caroline put her suitcase in the trunk, and made their journey back to Mystic Falls, Virginia.

•———————•——————•——————•

After an hour and a half of driving and catching up, they finally made it passed the Welcome to Mystic Falls Sign.

"So how long are you staying for?" Caroline asked Eleanor as they pulled into town.

"Well, I am planning on spending my senior year here." Eleanor smiled at the look of glee on Caroline's face. "I left a ton of things in France. Some of my friends will send it now, and when they visit they will bring some too."

"Speaking of friends..." Caroline trailed of with a mischievous glint in her eye. "Any boys?"

Eleanor rolled her eyes at her friend. "You know me, I threw myself into my work. I can't focus on boys."

Caroline pouted at that answer. "Boo!"
After a few minutes, they finally pulled up the infamous Gilbert Residence. "Do they know your here?"

Eleanor bit her lip nervously. "No?" Eleanor said, almost as a question. Sure, she sent postcards once a month. And barely spoke on the phone with them. It wasn't as if she was the one who cut them off, it was really the other way around.

"Do you want me to come in with you, or do you think you can handle it?" Caroline asked her, worried for how the family reunion would go.

Eleanor sighed. "I'll handle it. If I need to, does the invitation still stand for me to come live with you?"

Caroline smiled softly at the girl. "Of course it is."

Eleanor ran her hands up and down her ripped baggy jeans nervously, her eyes focusing on the house. "Okay, I got this." Eleanor muttered to herself. "Thanks Care, I'll grab the suitcase. I will let you know how everything goes." Caroline nodded back with a supportive smile on her bright features.

Eleanor got out of the car, swinging her bag onto her shoulder and made her way to trunk. She popped it open and yanked out her suitcase, opening up the handle to roll it behind her. She closed the trunk with a soft slam and waved goodbye to Caroline as she made her way up the steps to her family's house.

"Here goes nothing." Eleanor muttered to herself, bracing herself for the reunion of a lifetime.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

The door swung open after three seconds. Standing in front of Eleanor, was her younger brother Jeremy. The same Jeremy she used to prank. The same Jeremy who used to push her on the slide. The same Jeremy who used to cuddle with her at night when she had nightmares. He acted like an older brother, but he really was the youngest. It was really Jeremy.

Jeremy stood their shocked. Eleanor was home. She definitely was the same Eleanor who used to wrestle with him, or used to play video games with him when Elena was off with Matt. It was really Eleanor.

"Eleanor?" Jeremy asked. A million emotions ran through him. Shock and Happiness being the top two.

Eleanor smiled at him, tears gathering in her eyes. She nodded. "Hi Jer," she said.
Without wasting another second, Jeremy slammed into his sister, enveloping her in a hug.

Eleanor dropped her bag and wrapper her arms around him. "I missed you." Jer said softly to her as they hugged.

Eleanor's eyes re-sprung tears. "I missed you too."

Jeremy pulled away from his sister. "Here let me help you with your suitcase. Lets go inside." Jeremy grabbed her suitcase, lifting effortlessly due to him working out, and led his sister inside.

Eleanor stepped into the house, not noticing Jer release a breath of relief knowing she wasn't a vampire, and took a look around. Jeremy closed the door and led her inside to the kitchen, leaving her suitcase by the stairs. "Elena is out right now, but she should be back later."

Eleanor nodded her head in response, still soaking in the house she grew up in. She could only handle one sibling reunion at a time. She was extremely emotional right now. She needed at least an hour to stabilize her emotions again.

"Why are you back?" Jeremy blurted out. "I-I mean, I am glad you are back but, why now?"

Eleanor sighed. She knew she was gonna get asked this, but she didn't want to address it now. "A lot of reasons Jer. One, I missed my family, despite the way we left things. Two, I missed Mystic Falls. Don't get me wrong, I love the academy and France. But it wasn't home. And third, its my senior year. I wanted to spend it with my my family and childhood friends."

Jeremy's face fell slight at reason one. He hated how they left things two years ago. He wanted her to stay and be there for her, but he wasn't in the right state of mind. He wanted to make up for that.

Jeremy reached out and put his hand on hers in a non-romantic way. "I am sorry about the way we left things. I am better now, and will be able to be a better brother for you." Jeremy meant it. He wouldn't make that same mistake twice.

•———————•——————•——————•
uneditted
word count: 1109

1st chapter!
hope you guys enjoyed.
please let me know what you think, or anything that YOU want in this story. i love suggestions.
dont forget to comment and vote.
love, em