.0006

.0006

"Everything will be so good so soon

"Everything will be so good so soon. Just hang in there & don't worry about it too much"

•———————•——————•——————•

Klaus, Rebekah, and Eleanor are in front of the hospital. After the whole fiasco at the school, Klaus wasn't about to let up on Eleanor. She was definitely different and he wanted to get to the bottom.

Eleanor sat on the steps, not even bothering to run or fight. She didn't want to risk her family and friends being hurt. She sighed loudly as she sat there. Klaus briefly glanced at her.

"So the doppelganger isn't the problem. Her blood is the solution." Rebekah stated.

Klaus nodded looking at the hospital where Elena was getting her blood drawn. "Seems so."

"How did you know?" Rebekah asked him.

Klaus walked over and sat next to Eleanor. She glared at him when he sat but made no comment. "Well, you know how much the original witch hated me." He smirked. "Do you honestly think I would do anything other than the opposite of what she says?"

Rebekah chuckled. "A thousand years in the grave and she's still screwing with you."

"Well, it makes sense if you think about it from her perspective. It was her failsafe in case I ever broke the hybrid curse. The doppelganger had to die in order for me to become a hybrid, but if she was dead..." Klaus trailed off. Eleanor snapped her head up at him at that comment.

"You killed my sister before?" Her eyes flashing red and white.

He merely smirked at her. "Well you can see that she didn't stay dead. No harm, no foul."

She huffed, starting to calm down and not make an even more mess of things. All that mattered is that she is alive.

Rebekah rolled her eyes at her brother. "Then you couldn't use her blood to sire yourself a new species."

Klaus sighed. "Leaving me alone for all time."

Rebekah scoffed. "Is that what this is about? Your obsession with hybrids. You just don't want to be alone?"

"Don't you have a family?" Eleanor muttered. Rebekah shooting her a grateful smile.

"What I want is to take my girl and take my hybrid the hell out of this one pony town." Klaus growled. "You know, why don't you, uh, why don't you get the truck? I'll get Elena and hold onto Eleanor."

"Why do you get to hold on to Eleanor? I'm sure she is tired of you by now." Eleanor stifled a laugh at Rebekah's comment. Her past actions already being forgotten.

Klaus rolled his eyes. "Go Rebekah." He said.

She sighed, gave Eleanor a small smile, and zoomed away. Not even a second later, Damon came, right in front of Klaus and a sleepy Eleanor.

Klaus stood up. "Well, look who finally decided to show up to the party."

Damon gave Eleanor a once over, checking for injuries, then turned to Klaus. "Where is she?"

Klaus smirked at him deviously. "Elena? Ah, she's making a donation to a greater cause." Damon goes toward the hospital but Klaus stops him.

Klaus sighed in annoyance. "I'm afraid I can't let you interfere, mate."

Damon scoffed at him. "You'll have to kill me." Damon was mad. And when Damon was mad, nothing could hold him back.

"Oh, I would love to kill you, but I made a pledge to your brother, and unlike him, I keep my word." Klaus pondered for a second. "Although, you know what, thinking about it now, he probably doesn't care that much anymore." He pushes Damon against a car.

Eleanor stood up. "Klaus!" She yelled in shock. Klaus ignored her yell and was about to raise his hand to shove it into chest and rip out his heart.

Damon's eyes widened and then quickly said: "You don't want to know about your friend Mikael? "

Klaus stopped and growled. "What do you know about Mikael?"

Damon smirked. "Just that he knows you're here."

Klaus scoffed. "You're bluffing."

"Katherine and I found him. Consider it our leverage."  Damon said. Klaus immediately throws him on the ground. When Damon gets up, Klaus' has disapeared. Eleanor just stood on the steps confused.

Damon walks towards Eleanor. "Are you okay?" Eleanor nodded her head. "C'mon, lets go get your sister."

Damon and Eleanor walk into the hospital. They are walking through the hallways looking for Elena.

"Damon." Eleanor said pointing to a room that held her sister. She's asleep, he looks at her and pulls out the lines in Elena's arm. He glances at the pipe whom was pumping her blood. His bloodlust surfacing for a second but Eleanor puts her hand on his arm snapping him out of it.

Elena blinks. "Damon..." She said sleepily.

Damon smiles down at her. "Hey."
He takes her out of the bed and carries her outside the room, Eleanor trailing behind.

Damon speeds them back to the high school, getting Eleanor's car, and made their way back to his house.

Eleanor sat next to Elena on the couch in the main area of the house. Damon hands Elena a glass of scotch. He hands Eleanor a glass of red wine she gladly took.

"Hey, have some bourbon. It'll help you forget." Damon said to Elena. Elena takes a swish of it but grimaces at the taste causing Eleanor to laugh. "Yeah, it's strong. You know I can help you forget, too. At least the memories you don't want to keep."

Elena shook her head. "No. No compulsion. I need to remember. All of it." Damon shoves his hand into his pocket, pulling out a necklace.

Damon smiled softly at her. "I stole it back for you."

Elena took it back with a small smile but it quickly turned into a frown. "He's really gone this time. I watched it happen. After everything that we went through to get... to help him. Now he's just... Gone." She looked at Damon with tears in her eyes. "Where were you, Damon?"

Damon sighed put his hand on her leg.
"I shouldn't have left. I promise you... I will never leave you again." They look at each other lovingly. Eleanor rolled her eyes, scooted over and chugged the rest of her wine.

"Well, isn't this cozy?" Everyone snaps their heads up to see Stefan standing by the entrance way into the the main lobby. Damon got up first with a shocked look on his face.

Eleanor sighed. This night just got even longer. She stood up drawing attention to herself. "This is my cue to go. Elena, I'll see you back at the house."

She walked past everyone, not even glancing at Stefan, and left. Not even her first day back and there was already so much drama.

Damon looked at his brother. One problem at a time. They could deal with Eleanor tomorrow. "What are you doing here, brother?"

Stefan smirked. "Last I checked, I lived here. Klaus is gone, but he's asked me to keep watch on you and your lovely sister until he returns. From now on, you're under my protection." Stefan looks at Elena. "Mmm, by all means. Carry on."

•———————•——————•——————•
unedited
word count: 1191