.0004

.0004

"When you can't find the sunshine, be the sunshine"

•———————•——————•——————•

Eleanor paced back and forth, her mind racing at a million miles per second. How could she help her friends without drawing attention to herself? She paused mid-step. She was so silly. She knew what she had to do. But wait, how would she explain this to her sister? Her friends? She resumed pacing, still thinking of how to help her friends and sister.

She was so engrossed in her thoughts, she barely saw someone dragging Tyler into the gym. It took her a few seconds to realize what was happening. She slowly crouched over to the door that was slightly open due to the girl dragging Tyler in left it that way. She crouched over and viewed the scene.

"Get off of me!" She saw and heard Tyler struggle against the girl.

"Hush now," the girl with the British accent said. Her voice resonated through out the large, vacant gym.

"I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah. Word of warning... She can be quite mean." The man, who is now known to be the sister of the girl, says with a smirk.

"Don't be an ass." Rebekah rolled her eyes at him. She throws Tyler in the mans arms, which causes Eleanors eyes to harden and glare at the man.

"Leave him alone!" Eleanor peered over slightly more to see her sister yelling at him, tears in her eyes. Eleanor could practically smell the anxiety reeking off of Elena. Her worry increased as she looked at her sister.

"I'm going to make this very simple..." The man said. "Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually." Eleanor furrowed her brows in confusion. Vampire hybrid? Oh god, this is freaky than the academy, Eleanor thought. The man proceeded to bite his wrist and shove his wrist in Tyler's mouth to drink his blood. What the hell.

"I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake... You better hurry." The man said and effortlessly, snaps his neck. Killing him.

Eleanor gasps out in shock. The gasp, which she thought to be barely audible, brought the attention of everyone conscious. Eleanor looked up at everyone wide eyed. "Shit."

"And who do we have here?" The man said, a smirk on his face. He advanced slowly towards Eleanor who was still slightly behind the gym door. "Come on out dear."

Eleanor stood up slowly, her eyes not leaving the mans.

"No, Klaus. Please." Elena said frightened for her sister. She already lost Jenna and her parents, she couldn't lose her too.

"Who are you?" The man asked, only a few feet away from Eleanor.

Eleanor put on a brave face. She knew she could take this vampire. She shrugged as if she wasn't intimidated by his stare. "El" was all she said.

"El?" Klaus asked, and took a step closer to her. "What's your relation to that girl over there?" He pointed to his sister.

"Why do you care?" Eleanor bit back.

His eyes hardened slightly. He took a step closer and looked into her eyes. "I will ask again. What's your relation to Elena Gilbert?" He said as his pupils dilated.

Eleanor, unfazed, took a step closer. "I will say again, why do you care?"

A brief emotion of surprise passed through Klaus. How did she resist my compulsion?, Klaus thought. The surrounding people that were in the gym looked at the two in confusion and fright.

"Interesting." Klaus said peering at her. He noted the jewelry, but did not smell any vervain. Maybe she ingested it? He thought. He was very intrigued by the girl in front of him.

"Klaus, leave her alone please. She's my sister." Elena said, hoping her saying that will diffuse any situation that would occur.

"Well, that definitely changes things." Klaus said, his eyes not leaving Eleanor. Before anyone could blink, Klaus was behind Eleanor. A hand around her waist, his eyes glowing yellow, and his fangs out, inches from her neck. Eleanor let out a shaky breath. God damnit, she thought, the academy trained me for this shit. I am so not being bitten by a puppy with fangs. "Klaus!" Elena yelled out in shock.

Klaus ignored Elena's cry of shock.
"Bonnie, Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires. and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena and Elenas sister..." Klaus said with a smirk adorning his face, and then added, "for safe-keeping."

Eleanor stood blank, taking a shallow breath. She couldn't show fear. Elena, giving Eleanor a look of worry, turned to Bonnie and nodded her head. Matt and Bonnie leave the gym, glancing back with worry at the predicament that Eleanor was in. Rebekah looks at Elena, disgust evident on her features.

"So this is the latest doppelganger. The original one was much prettier." Rebekah gave her a once over. Eleanor rolled her eyes at the blonde.

Klaus pulled away slightly from Eleanor, but still held onto her. "Enough, Rebekah. Take the wolf boy elsewhere, would you?" Klaus commanded his sister. Rebekah let out a puff of annoyance. Rebekah took Tyler by the arm and dragged him out of the gym effortlessly. Klaus focused his attention on Elena. "Just ignore her. Petty little thing. On to more pressing matters, why have I not heard of another Gilbert?"

"Why does it matter?" Eleanor bit out, not liking the feel of his arm around her waist.

"Fiesty." Klaus said and brought his mouth close to her ear. "Just the way I like them."

Eleanor rolled her eyes at his shameless flirting. Sure, he was hot. She didn't even know his name for crying out loud and he was threatening to kill her friends- literally killing Tyler. "Let me go, puppy with fangs, or I'll hit you with a newspaper." Klaus' mouth fell open slightly from shock.

"How dare-" Klaus started off but was interrupted.

"I dare. Can you just let me go?" Eleanor sighed uncomfortably. Elena, standing a couple feet away, glanced nervously between Klaus and her sister.

Klaus sighed and pushed her away slightly from him. He didn't understand why he did, but it was too late now to ponder. Eleanor stumbled slightly as she was pushed away, causing her to glare at the man who she heard her sister call Klaus.

Eleanor walked away, trying to think of a way to get her sister, her, and her friends out of the school. Klaus being a hybrid complicated things beyond belief. She sat down on the bleachers, next to a girl and a boy. Elena came over and sat down next to her. "El, are you okay?" Eleanor nodded in reply. "Do you understand what you are seeing?"

Eleanor thought for a second and decided to say what any regular human would say, "no."

•———————•——————•——————•
unedited
word count: 1211

hi
i hope you enjoyed chapter. .0003 of Gilbert Spirit.
thank you for all the support so far, it means so much to me.
let me know what you think and what YOU want in this story.
dont forget to like and comment
love, em