.0002

.0002

"When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye

"When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye."
•———————•——————•——————•

Eleanor held her side with one hand, and the other slammed on the table multiple times. She was gasping for air, a snort being let out every here or there. She could not stop laughing.

Jeremy was in a similar predicament. He was leaning against the fridge, his face red from laughing so hard. He was gasping as well. His hands held his sides as he struggled to stop laughing and actually try to breathe. "Eleanor," Jeremy barely gasped out, still struggling to breathe. "I can't believe you did that."

Eleanor chuckled, finally regaining her breathing. "It was one time, and she deserved it." Eleanor shrugged innocently.

Jeremy shook his head at his sister. "I would not want to get onto your bad side." Jeremy said still slowly regaining his breathing after laughing so hard.

Eleanor nodded in agreement. "I can be vicious."

"I can see that sis" Jeremy said, still trying to get over the fact she hid tuna in a girls dorm for cheating on her best friend multiple times. Jeremy scrunched up his nose. "I hate tuna too. That would drive me insane."

Eleanor smiled, knowing her brother hated a ton of different types of fish. "It did drive her insane. She couldn't find where the smell was coming from. I am very sneaky." Eleanor grinned, proud of her work.

"I can see." Jeremy said. "Did you-"

The front door opened and multiple voices came flooding in, interrupting Jeremy's possible question.

Elena, who was accompanied by Damon, looked at the stairs and saw a suitcase. She knew Jeremy was home but whose suitcase is that. "Jer!" Elena called out. "Who's here?"

Jeremy and Eleanor, who were still in the kitchen, shared a look. Jeremy had a look of apprehensiveness on his face, while Eleanor looked like she just pooped her pants. Jeremy saw the look on Eleanor's face, and placed a hand on her hand in response to be supportive. "You got this." Jeremy muttered.

Elena and Damon made it past the stairs and made it into the kitchen of the Gilbert household. Elena did not know who to expect but out of all people, she did not expect her younger sister of 8 months.

Eleanor was terrified on how her eldest sister would react to her being home. She didn't know what to expect, Elena was never easy to pinpoint when it comes to emotions.

"Surprise?" Eleanor said, her lips turning into a sheepish smile.

Elena gasped. It was Eleanor. The same Eleanor who used to comfort her when she had a fight with her parents. The same Eleanor who braided her hair because their mom never knew how. The same Eleanor who left Mystic Falls because she wasn't there for her like she was supposed to.

It was so silent in that kitchen, you could hear a pin drop. Before anyone could blink, Elena leaped to her sister and wrapped her in a bone crushing hug. Elena weeped happy tears, glad to have sister home.

Eleanor teared up slightly. She had missed her sisters warm hugs. Elena used to sleep with her at night when she couldn't fall asleep. Her parents were at work late a ton of times. Jeremy and Elena always helped with the nightmares.

"I missed you so much El" Elena said as her and sister embraced in a tight, loving hug.

"I missed you too Lena." Eleanor muttered back. She missed the sister who was always there for her, not the one who blew her off.

"Wait, theres another Gilbert?" Damon said, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

The girls separated from their hug. Eleanor looked over at the Raven haired, blue eyed man. Eleanor smirks over at him. "You know it."

Damon smirked back, liking the Gilbert with a bit of spunk. "I like you." Damon said.

Eleanor shrugged casually. "I get that a lot." Eleanor smiled. He was hot, but she was trying to stray from the bad boys for awhile.

Elena shook her in disbelief. "Stop flirting with my sister!" Elena glared at Damon.

"Tell her to stop flirting with me." Damon said holding his hands up as a sign of a white flag. Elena, not listening to what Damon said, smacked him the arm. Hard.
Eleanor chuckled at the fake hurt expression on Damon's face as he rubbed the spot Elena hit. "Stop manhandling me, woman." Elena huffed in annoyance and focused her attention back on Eleanor, a smile now on her face. The quick mood change caused Damon to scowl.

"Did you just get back today?" Elena asked her.

Eleanor nodded in response. "Yea, I am here for our senior year!" Eleanor said. Despite how Elena was in the past after their parents died, she was still her sister. She missed her like crazy.

Elena was shocked, and slightly nervous. "That's great! What did the academy say when you left? Did you bring all your stuff or...?" Elena trailed off, awaiting Eleanors response.

"Well, the Dean has become a father figure to me. He pulled some strings and let me come back for senior year. However, I'm going to go to their college that they have. Almost like Academy plus." Eleanor said, smiling at the memory of her father figure. "My friends will be sending the stuff I need over the next couple weeks. And during breaks, they will visit me and bring some stuff that they can carry."

Elena smiled slightly at the thought of Elena having a father figure. "Okay, good." Elena said, and then her eyes lit up. "We have senior prank night tonight. You should come. I am sure everyone would be glad to see you!"

Eleanor smiled at the invite. She was glad her sister was happy shes home.
"I definitely will."

"Great." Elena smiled, happy her sister is home. "I have to leave early because I need to go with Caroline to pick up stuff. Can you meet us there?"

Eleanor nodded in return. "Yea, I want to unpack anyways. Nice to meet you Damon." Eleanor smiled at the man, causing his heart to soften ever so slightly. Damn Gilbert women, Damon thought. "I'm going to go unpack now" Eleanor said. She kissed Jeremy on the head and Elena on the cheek. "I'll see you later."

Eleanor walked out of the kitchen and grabbed her suitcase from the bottom of the stairs. Thankfully, she didn't pack anything heavy. She lugged the suitcase up the stairs and went into her old room.

When she walked in, she wasn't sure what she expected. However, she didn't expect to see her room not change at all.

Everything was in its place, just as she left it. A teddy bear that her father gave her was still on her bed, the same place where she left it. The posters of silly artists and bands were hanging on her wall, untouched. Her old vanity still had makeup scattered across. She remembered she didn't want to bring all her makeup with her to the academy, it wasn't on her mind, and she was in a rush.

Eleanor smiled slightly at the memory, her eyes slightly watering. God, she missed home.

•———————•——————•——————•
uneditted
word count: 1247

super excited i am writing this book again
if you like tvd fanfics, check out my other book "rising from the ashes"

i hope you guys enjoyed
please dont forget to like and comment
ur feedback means a lot