Chapter Seven

Jess's POV:

The meet and greet is over. Kay and I had a lot of fun! Especially me, since, you know, HAYES GRIER KISSED MEEEEE!!

As we're walking up to the room, I ask Kay, "Hey...do you wanna go swimming tonight?" She looks at me and wink.

"Because Hayes said he'd be there?"

I can't deny it. It's totally true. "I mean," I start. "He asked me to. Sorta. I bet he doesn't ask every fan to swim with him!" I feel like I'm making a big deal out of this.

Kay opens our door and we walk in. We both flop down on our beds. "Well," Kay says, continuing our convorsation. "I'm alright with it. Did he say what time?"

"No."

I can hear Kay let out a huge sigh. "Jess, don't get your hopes up. He could have just said that, or he says that to every fan."

That really makes me think. What if Kay's right? What if Hayes doesn't think I'm special, or that I stood out?

Hayes POV:

Jess DEFINETLY stood out. She really seems like an amazing person.

After all of the fans clear out, I get up and walk over to Brent. "How'd it go?" I ask. He runs his hand through his hair and answers, "Fun. Tiring, very tiring."

"Do you have enough energy to go swimming tonight?" I ask. He slumps back in his chair and sighs.

"Hayes I just want to sleep!" I need to convince him to come. Him and Kay would be adorable together. If Jess is going, I'm assuming Kay would go to.

"You know," I say as I sit down next to Brent. "I invited Jess to the pool, and Kay might be thereeeee."

"Fine."

Kay's POV:

It's 7:00, and Jess and I head down to the pool on the first floor. I don't really care if Hayes is there or not, but it's a big deal to Jess. To be honest, I don't think he's gonna show up.

Jess pushes open the door to the pool, and it's empty. Completely empty. She sighs and steps in. "He's not here." She says as she throws our towels on a pool chair.

"Yet." I say, trying to assure her. So we swim for about 20 minutes, and he's STILL not here. I knew it. All guys are the same. Jess hasn't really smiled this whole time.

"Jess, I'm sorry. I don't think Hayes is coming." I suddenly say. She just nods her head. Right now, we're sitting in the hottub. Jess hasn't looked up from staring at the bubbles.

Its been almost an hour, and we decide to get out. I honesty feel bad for Jess. Right after we gather our towels and get ready to leave, the pool door opens.