Chapter Ten

Brent's POV:

Kay is such an amazing person. She doesn't try to act fake, like some girls. And she totally ignores the fact I'm 'famous'. It's like, the best thing in the world.

We have been sitting on the couch together for awhile now. It's pretty nice, but I can tell she's getting a little bored. "Do you want to make a video for YouTube?" I ask.

"Sure!" She says cheerfully. We sit all the way up and let go of eachother. "What kind of video?" She asks.

"Lets do the whisper challenge." I suggest. The whisper challenge is where one person puts in earphones and plays music really loud so they can't hear anything. Then the other person says something and the person with the earbuds has to try to read their lips and tell what they're saying.

It sounds pretty confusing, but it's not. Kay agrees, and we set up the camera and start. "Hey guys! Today, I'm with a special guest, Kay!"

"Hi!" She says. I think she's a little nervous. I reach for her hand and hold it, but the camera can't see.

"Today, Kay and I will be doing the whisper challenge!" I explain what it is, and then we start. Kay puts the earphones in first.

"Can you hear anything?" I ask. She just stares at me and laughs.

"If you asked me if I can hear you, then no!" She says between laughs. She's so cute.

"Will you go out with me?" She stares at me confused. This is legit the funniest thing. Just wait until she figures out what I said.

"Will you go eat some cheese?" She says. We both laugh and I shake my head no. "Please repeat it!"

This time, I very slowly move my lips and over-pronounce every word. Her face lights up and she covers her mouth. She nods her head really fast hugs me.

"You just asked me out!" She says.

"Oh yes I did."

Hayes's POV:

WTF NASH IS HERE! I snap my head back, and sure enough, he's sitting in the booth right behind us. "NASH!" I yell. "WHAT'S THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY ARE YOU HERE?" I stand up and walk over to him.

"I'm just helping you, Hayes!" He shouts back. Jess stands up and starts walking away. I turn back around and grab her wrist.

"No Hayes, I really should be going." She says as she yanks her wrist away and runs back to her room. I take a seat and cover my face in my hands.

"Hayes-" Nash starts. No, I'm not going to listen to him. He just ruined everything.

"No, Nash. You just ruined everything." I say, almost choking on tears. He scoots closer to me, and I scoot away.

"Hayes, I'm just trying to protect you. Your only 14, you shouldn't be falling in love with fans you barely even know." He says.

Nash's POV:

Hayes just doesn't understand that he can't fall in love on a tour. He will never see her again, and he definetly can't love someone when he's only 14.

"No, Nash. Why did you do that? I thought brothers helped eachother-"

"I am helping you."

"No Nash! Just stop! Don't you understand that I really really like Jess! I'm not little anymore, I'm 14! I'm allowed to have my own life. I'm allowed to like girls, and I really don't want to loose Jess!" He says, really defensively. It sounds like he's going to cry.

Suddenly, I feel really bad. I hate to say it, but I feel horrible. I'm just not for Hayes to grow up, I guess. He doesn't need me anymore.

"Hayes," I start. He turns away from me and puts his head down on the table. "I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't know that you were serious about Jess. Go for her."

Jess's POV:

I can't believe what just happened. I knew Hayes and I just wouldn't work. Nash won't allow it. I run up to my room and slam the door. I make sure to lock it before falling down on my bed. I burst into tears.

Trust me, I normally never cry. But I really liked Hayes. Not because he's famous, or not because he's good looking, it's because of how he really cares about me. And how he's so sweet and willing to disobey his brother for me.

I just lay face down on the bed and silently sob. Then, there's a knock on the door. Great. I get up and slowly make my way to the door. I try to wipe my eyes and make it look like I wasn't crying.

I open the door, and there stands Hayes Grier. "Can I come in?" He asks. I nod my head and let go of the door. I turn away from him and walk over to the bed and sit down. He follows and sits next to me.

"Jess, were you crying?" I nod. He just sighs and puts an arm around me.

"I'm really, really sorry about Nash. He...he was just protecting me. Well, that's what he said atleast. But we talked, and he's okay with me and you." I say apologetically.

She wipes her eyes again and looks into mine.