Chapter Twenty Eight

Jess's POV

I wake up extremely dizzy. I can't comprehend anything. There is a really annoying ringing in my ear, too. As I start to sit up, someone pushes me back down. "Hi, Jess, everything is gonna be okay. Just hold still." A man assures me. Who is he and why is he touching me? I glance around and notice that we are moving. In an ambulance. I am in an ambulance.

Suddenly I notice that my shoulder hurts like crap. I'm attatched to all sorts of machines and wires are everywhere. Two men, including the one who pushed me down, are kneeling beside me. "All her vitals are steady," one of them says. "Call the hospital and tell them we are on our way. They need to clear a room for her."

"What happened?" I ask, dazed.

"You got shot."

What. I got...shot? I GOT FREAKING SHOT. I immediately start to have a panic attack as I start moving around. Both men are trying to calm me down. Finally I settle. But I got shot? How is that even possible? "She's in shock, put her under." One says, and they put a breathing mask over my nose and mouth. Soon I slip back into unconciousness.

Kay's POV:

Brent, Hayes, and I stand in the parking lot. The ambulance with Jess left half an hour ago. Police tried to ask us questions, but Nash and Cam told them off. Hayes and I are the most affected. We've both been crying and comforting each other. Brent has been comforting both of us. We already called Jess's mom and she's already on a plane, along with my mom.

Cameron comes out holding keys. I did not know he had a car. "Hurry up and follow me," Cameron anxiously says to Hayes, Brent, and I. We don't think twice as we dash after Cam. He leads us to a van, looks around nervously, and uses the keys to open the doors.

"Who's car is this?" I ask as we all frantically climb in.

"This would be Jack J's car. Both of them are out with Carter." Cam answers as he starts the car. Soon Cam is zooming down the road, speeding after Jess. This is the moment when everything hits me.

What the heck am I doing? One minute Jess and I were your average teenage girls, and now here I am, in a car with some of the most famous teens in the world. We are chasing Jess, who was shot. She was shot. This wouldn't have happened if we never even fell in love. I wish we never even came.