Chapter Twenty Seven

GUYSS! THANKS FOR MUCH FOR READING! I promise I'll update more- Kaitlyn

Chapter Twenty Seven

Hayes's POV:

BOOM! A gunshot sound echoes throughout the hotel lobby. Everybody drops down, and I hear a scream. Security floods the room, almost steppig on me as they rush by. No more gunshots sound, and soon we hear the blaring police sirens. I only have one thing on my mind at this point: Jess.

After almost half an hour on the floor, a voice startles me. "Are you okay Hayes?" Nash asks, pulling me up. His face is stained with tears.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say, brushing myself off. "What the heck happened?"

"Some idiot fired outside. He was standing in the parking lot. The police got him. They found out that he was really drunk." Nash responds with a sigh. Okay, good, he was not out to get anyone.

"Where's Jess?" I eagerly/nervously ask. I take a glance through the glass doors. Police cars fill the parking lot, along with three ambulances. In the back of one is Jess. My heart drops.

She is laying on a stretcher, and Kay is beside her. She catches a glance at me, but it shoved to the ground by frantic paramedics. I rush out the doors and into the parking lot. I help Kay up. Her hands are bleeding, but she obviously doesn't care. "Kay, you're hands...." I point out. She just stares at Jess.

At first, I don't see what happened to Jess. I study her for awhile, and soon notice a huge wound in her left shoulder. Her shirt is bloodstained. I liked that shirt on her.

Kay's POV:

As soon as the gunshot sounds, Jess falls to the ground. I frantically rush over to her, but security guards shove me away. I crawl underneath my meet-and-greet table and just cry.

After half an hour, the parking lot if filled with police cars and ambulances. Jess is being carried into the parking lot and towards an ambulance. I spring up and sprint after her. I lose my footing and fall onto the cement. My hands get scraped from pushing myself up. As I'm fighting my way to her, a paramedic shoves me back down.

I don't have the motivation to get back up, so I sit on the ground. Eventually a hand grabs my wrist and pulls me up. Hayes. He notices Jess, and his face goes white. "She got shot." Hayes says. I hold back a sarcastic "duh", and just nod.

"She will be okay." I try to assure. "At least she didn't get shot in the chest or something." I say holding back tears. I need to be strong for Hayes, because he is a baby.