Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"So what songs are we performing at Sadie's party tomorrow?" Corvin asked, pouring three cups of coffee as he stood at the kitchen counter.

Raven's spoon clattered noisily into her bowl of Frosties. "Shit!" She exclaimed, the realisation that she had completely forgotten to ask Matt about Sadie's favourite songs causing an internal panic. "I'll have to ask Matthew, like, right now."

The last week had flown by with very few feathers, very little news regarding her father and practically no verbal interactions with Spencer Lyall after Raven's claim that she was 'over it'. The two girls may not have actually spoken to each other, but their exchanged glances had said a lot more than words could.

As hard as she tried, Raven could not get the blonde haired girl out of her head, and as a result, everything else had been pushed to the back of her mind, including the upcoming performance at Sadie's surprise party. Raven cursed her infatuation whilst simultaneously sending Matthew a text considering it would be near impossible for them to discuss it later.

Thankfully, he replied a short while later, just before they left for school.

"Is that him?" Corvin questioned eagerly after hearing Raven's phone ring out. She gave him a nod and a relieved smile before proceeding to read the list of songs out loud.

Both Corvin and Raven were familiar with the majority of the songs, which was a welcome relief, and they were confident that they'd be able get their numbers rehearsed and ready in time for tomorrow night.

~~~~

By the time 7pm on Saturday rolled around, they were in the back of a cab on their way to Tony's club and more than ready to perform. It had taken Raven well over an hour to get ready, but she was happy with the end result.
Her usual brown waves had been turned to voluminous curles that cascaded halfway down her back. The darkness of her hair contrasted nicely with the small, pale pink dress she was wearing.

Corvin eyed his cousin's exposed skin uneasily. "Doesn't leave much to the imagination does it?" He said distastefully. "And how are you going to walk in those heels?"

"Calm down dad." She said sarcastically, looking down at the light grey high heels she was wearing.

Raven looked hot and she knew it.

Resist this Spencer Lyall. She thought smugly and an involuntary smirk tugged at the corners of her lips.

When they arrived, the club was full of people Raven recognised from her grade and from the junior class. Tony had closed for the night, only allowing people that knew Sadie to enter. People were dashing around making last minute preparations when Raven felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

It was a text from Matthew.

Spence and I are on our way there with Sadie. Is everything ready?