Prologue

Alex's P.O.V

It's been three weeks since my first appointment with Jane, my therapist. I've been coming here and having meetings with her twice a week trying to get my life back on track. Ever since Samantha everything about me changed. I couldn't find the strength to forget her no matter how many girls I screwed. 

I couldn't sleep because all I saw was her and Liam 

That fucking asshole!

I was getting better. I had accepted my feelings for her and I was ready to commit to her. Fully. The issue was she just wasn't there anymore. I threatened her and she agreed to having dinner with me. I just wanted her to hear me out so I could tell her I was ready to give us a try. I was ready to make her mine and I her's. 

I had everything planned out and I wanted to prove it to her that I had changed. I changed because she made me see that she was all I needed and if I had to jump through hoops I would if it meant she'd look at me the same way she used to before I messed it all up.

I was going to tell her I hadn't been with anyone for a week.

I was going to tell her I had started therapy ever since....

Ever since....

My lowest point.

She brought me there.

You got me there Sammy.

I stopped seeing the point in most things. Granted all I wanted to do was get some sleep because I was drained. I couldn't sleep.  Well I didn't let myself sleep because she taunted me. I wouldn't have had a problem with her being in my dreams but he's there. That fucking shit is there. He kisses my Sammy. He makes my Sammy laugh. He makes me Sammy happy and all I do is make her upset. 

I couldn't take it anymore. 

I didn't even care how many of those goddamn sleeping pills I took. I just downed them all with my double shot of whiskey and allowed the darkness to swallow. 

"Oh Sammy... Be mine again..."

"My perfect addiction."

***********************************

Present time.

Work. That's all that has been keeping me busy. Jane told me I need to go out my business the same way I did before Samantha came along. The moment I find my stability in life I will be able to move on from my.... incident.

I've been burying myself in work for the past few weeks and it has been helping. I've been limiting the amount of time I spend out of my office so as to avoid being in the same room or having to see her. Samantha. I'm terrified if I do I'll just go back to my old habits and the new one I've found.

"Stability. Start investing yourself in your company again. Go for business trips. Get investors. Anything Mr. Waters as long as you are occupied your mind won't be on getting Samantha back to you on your terms. You need to understand that you hurt her. You need to understand that there's a possibility she won't ever be yours again. It can happen and you need to be able to live with that. So if you go back to your normal routine if things don't work out for you with her you won't repeat that event.

But hear me well, I'm not saying you should go back to being the womanizer that you were before. All I'm saying is if you clean up your act and get your anger in check things may look up for you with her. So all in all it's all up to her and if she sees the change in you. So wait. Be patient. Let her see you for what you're trying to be and let her make her own decision."

Jane's words keep playing over and over again in my head. If I truly want Samantha to be mine again I need to change the things that I did that made her leave me in the first place. I need to be the man she needs me to be. I need to stop being impulsive.

Impulsive?

It's been so hard.

The last time I was with her she left me for him. It took every part of me not to grab her and carry her on my shoulders. Every part of me wanted to do just that but it was only going to make things worse.

I ruined everything when I threatened her into having dinner with me. I went against what Jane had said. When I saw how disinterested she was I tried apologizing but it was pointless. I messed up. If only I just asked her politely maybe things would've have been different. Maybe she would have declined my request but she would still be thinking of how it wasn't the way I usually did things and would have been curious why the change.

At least then I'd be in her thoughts. At least then she would have seen a remorseful side of me because now that I think about it if I was her I wouldn't even want to have anything to do with me.

"Are you sure we cannot find another way?" I asked.

"No sir. This is the best we can do right now. Since we currently don't have enough material for the construction of the East gate mall then we have to extend the timeline for the construction seeing that Goodwill Forestry had a fire from the previous season and cannot supply us with the material we need and we cannot breach the contract we signed with them." Ethan the company's lawyer said.

"I disagree." Samantha said.

Shit.

She spoke. These past weeks the only contact I'd have with her would be in the conference room when there were meetings. We never spoke. I tried to keep much distance from her as possible. I didn't even attempt to make eye contact with her fearing that I wouldn't be able to hold myself.

"Why do you Ms. Davis?" I said with a monotone voice.

"Well for starters the contract we signed with Goodwill Forestry states that we cannot get any of the materials they provide to us from other companies besides them and since they had a slight problem we cannot sue them because it was out of their control. This means we cannot get the material elsewhere but it doesn't meam we can't substitute it." she stated.

Jesus!

I got turned on just hearing how assertive she was and how well versed she was with her job and other aspects I didn't know she'd have knowledge in.

"Continue Ms. Davis. Please." I implored.

She was taken by surprise. She blinked a few times before gaining her composure back.

"We could change the wood we had planned to use and replace them with iron rods. Since we already have a contract with Gray Steel Enterprises we can get them to supply us with the rods and we wouldn't be breaching any contracts since we wouldn't be using or ordering the materials that Goodwill Forestry supplies to us." she smirked right after saying that once she noticed that no ine had thought of that and that everyone agreed to it.

"Great. Now I will have you set it up and then give me a plan by the end of the week. Meeting adjourned." I stood up and left for my office.

~~~~~~~

"Come in Sydney." I said as I furiously typed away in on my laptop trying to get all my personal emails answered to.

"Mr. Waters?"

"Yes Syd... uh Samantha."

***********************************

Hey guys😗😀...

So we're continuing our journey and it's going to be a rollercoaster ride.

Bear with me....

Anyway... let's get this book to the top...

Read.

Vote.

Comment.

Message me.

Follow me.